• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think so, I've been following him for a week now and he's pretty much always ahead of the news on Patricio.

I mean it seems like he should be fake but he does seem to be a step ahead of the media outlets (and a half marathon in front of the e&s).

I can't see any way that Bournemouth would still be owing us money from a deal done in January 2016, one that we pushed through ASAP to the first bidder because we desperately wanted cash in.

Actually a fair point, Daniel-San. However, the "slice" appears on both sides of the equation I outlined, so it makes little difference really, bar adding the same figure to the amount Bournemouth have received, and the same figure to the amount they could have expected had they dealt with Stoke direct. In my back of a fag packet scribbles above, I used 2 million.

As an additional plus, Afobe's wages are going to be off the bill for our £67m calculations. At £40k a week, that is also significant stuff.

It's Machiavellian for sure, but this deal could actually be great for us. Fosun aren't fucking around.

Afobe is on £40k per week? I thought it'd be closer to £10-15k.

We won't have been paying him £40K per week - he wanted to be back here & didn't like the South coast so nearer your estimate

Afobe is on £40k per week? I thought it'd be closer to £10-15k.

£10k?! We sold him for £10m two and a half years ago :icon_lol:

It's not 2006 now bruv.

Yeah but he was only a Arsenal youth player when we bought him. And Moxey...

Didn't think Bournemouth would pay massive wages when we sold him.

They had Kenwyne Jones on north of £40k in the Championship.

I am sure when he re-joined Bournemouth fans were delighted we were picking up all of his (as I remember it) £43k a week wage

I thought Nuno said most business would come after the World Cup. It looks we will be welcoming Ronaldo and Messi in six weeks time...

What is happening is just beyond belief.

Few reports on Twitter saying we’ve not taken up the option to sign N’Diaye.

I thought we hadn't taken up the option up on the other loan players by default as of June 1st?

It is fast becoming a full time job keeping up with our transfer rumours these days!

Must admit I was a bit perplexed at the Afobe signing, thinking "is this the level of players we're going for?", the madness of the Neves signing has led me to constantly expect my wildest expectations to be surpassed. At the same time, 10 or 12 mill or whatever is hardly peanuts for what was expected to be a backup option... that is unless we are actually going to spend an absolute fortune this summer, which increasingly looks to be the case. The silence from Afobe over the transfer makes me very confident there is something in this, and he would clearly have been involved from the start.

Few reports on Twitter saying we’ve not taken up the option to sign N’Diaye.

If true, I think it's the right decision but I feel a bit for him. I like Alf - if we were still in the Championship I'd want us to sign him but clearly we're fishing in a bigger pond now.

If he doesn't stay, I wish him well.

If true, I think it's the right decision but I feel a bit for him. I like Alf - if we were still in the Championship I'd want us to sign him but clearly we're fishing in a bigger pond now.

If he doesn't stay, I wish him well.

Yes me too! but with the names being mentioned he's got zero chance. It almost feels like cheating on you partner binning off players who get you there. It's a hard game and they are very well paid but they are still people with feelings.

They're also good players (to a point) and they'll have no trouble finding another club.

We got too sentimental with players under Mick, we won't go the same way again.

Yep. You only have to look at Mick's last team in that game... (shudder).

Hennessey

Foley
Johnson
Berra
Ward

Doyle
O'Hara
Edwards
Jarvis

SEB
Fletcher

Ignoring the bat shit mental use of those players in that system that day, 7 of that 11 had played for us in the Championship which was three years before. That simply won't be happening under Fosun.

Edit: I've just realised it might have been Bassong who started, but Berra came on for him when he pulled his hammy for the 8th time in his brief spell with us. I do my best to forget that.

Totally correct that is reality and if they all stay we struggle, but you sing their names and support em and they are one of the pack and all of a sudden its "alright luv offski".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back