• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically that is an article saying you need 2 players for a position to ensure you have cover for loss of form, injuries etc? Ground breaking shit that

This is the most bonkers transfer rumour day I can ever remember for us. Fuck knows what the rest of the summer will hold at this rate

Apparently he has a £52m release clause that would have to be met!

Release clauses in Spain are always set prohibitively high, they're legally mandated to be in there so they're always placed at a value that basically no-one will ever meet (except when PSG bought Neymar I suppose). That isn't going to be the price for him.

Release clauses in Spain are always set prohibitively high, they're legally mandated to be in there so they're always placed at a value that basically no-one will ever meet (except when PSG bought Neymar I suppose). That isn't going to be the price for him.

Maybe we will do an Arsenal though and bid 52,000,001

Looks like Afobe really is going to Stoke. How weird.

I was just going on a quote I read:

Borussia Dortmund were also considering a move for the Brazilian until it was made clear the forward would not leave the Anoeta Stadium unless his £52.6million release clause was met.

It was in a HITC article, however...

My favourite

Lee Richards

@LeeRich73884727
24m
24 minutes ago

More
Replying to @SkySportsNews @stokecity @Wolves
Should not be allowed must surely have to spend at least 1 season with wolves before being moved on I urge the premier league to block the move as I believe wolves the rules to their own advantage there owners think they can get away with anything they like

How dare we sell our own players!

Could be to give us more wiggle room with FFP. Spend £10M on him and amortise that over however long the contract he signed was (say 4 years) so that only £2.5M of that goes towards this years accounts and then sell him on for £12M which counts as profit straight away.

Could be to give us more wiggle room with FFP. Spend £10M on him and amortise that over however long the contract he signed was (say 4 years) so that only £2.5M of that goes towards this years accounts and then sell him on for £12M which counts as profit straight away.

The balance sheet has to be cleared when the player is sold.

What's people's thoughts on Jota going to Lazio now?

Nah - the unamortised amount comes off the sale price so that doesn't work.

I think we have basically just shafted Bournemouth a little bit by enforcing the option knowing full well Stoke would pay more. Bournemouth had no way of getting that extra as soon as Benik agreed to this as we had complete first option. We make a couple of million that they can't. Such a shame.

Can't wait to start the season with mighty Paul Gladon up front 🙃

The balance sheet has to be cleared when the player is sold.

What's people's thoughts on Jota going to Lazio now?
Ah fair enough.

Don't think Diogo will go, in the end of season Top Goalscorer vid we talked at length about how he was going to be a big player for us going forward.

Let say we buy him for £10m and selling him on for £25m and have someone like Bale lined up to replace. I know Bale is a bit far fetched, but you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back