• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole weird Patricio situation, Afobe signing and then possibly being immediately sold on and being linked with massive bids for Silva, Cancelo and Guedes.

Whatever happens, this is going to be such a bizarre transfer window :icon_lol:

Felix Beijmo linked from Djurgarden. Right back.

Would be quite a coup if we did get him.

Would also signal that we were planning on going with the 'strikerless' front 3 more often, we've already got a problem fitting Cav, Jota & Costa into the IF positions and Guedes is definitely more of a winger than a central forward.

Guedes/Jota - Jota/Cav/New ST - Cav/Costa

Guedes would be a massive signing though. Wish it could happen!

Would be quite a coup if we did get him.

Would also signal that we were planning on going with the 'strikerless' front 3 more often, we've already got a problem fitting Cav, Jota & Costa into the IF positions and Guedes is definitely more of a winger than a central forward.

Guedes/Jota - Jota/Cav/New ST - Cav/Costa
Indeed. May also explain why we are ok with letting Afobe leave already. If the “New ST” is Andre Silva, that would be Silva, Jota, Cav, Guedes & Costa rotating in to three forward slots.

Filth. Absolute filth.

Patricio, Canceles and Guedes ffs :icon_lol: it's like we've activated a cheat on FM.

Which I of course would never do

Patricio, Canceles and Guedes ffs :icon_lol: it's like we've activated a cheat on FM.

Which I of course would never do

This would be akin to invading a rich club like Real Madrid and buying one of your own players for values like 200M.

Ladbrokes
‏@Ladbrokes

Wolves are being heavily linked to:
���� Rui Patricio
���� Joao Cancelo
���� Goncalo Guedes
���� Andre Silva
It's surely only a matter of time till Cristiano decides to make the switch ��

So now that you know portuguese players better here is a nice joke for you.

Portugal coach is taking Cedric and Ricardo Pereira to the world cup instead of Cancelo and Nelson Semedo. Brilliant right?

This was just in: Sporting refused 25M for Gelson.

Guedes sounds like paper talk to pressure Valencia into getting their act together and making a proper bid.

So now that you know portuguese players better here is a nice joke for you.

Portugal coach is taking Cedric and Ricardo Pereira to the world cup instead of Cancelo and Nelson Semedo. Brilliant right?

This was just in: Sporting refused 25M for Gelson.
Who was bidding for him?

Guedes sounds like paper talk to pressure Valencia into getting their act together and making a proper bid.
Yeah, probably. Also doesn't make sense that Valencia are selling us Cancelo so that they can afford to buy Guedes permanently but now we're supposedly buying Guedes as well.

We can dream though, and if it's in L'Equipe it's probably worth discussing.

We need to be careful about how many Portuguese players we sign. We don't want to damage the equilibrium of the squad. As it stands we are -2 versus last year (inc. Leo), I wouldn't want us to be net more than one higher.

We need to be careful about how many Portuguese players we sign. We don't want to damage the equilibrium of the squad. As it stands we are -2 versus last year (inc. Leo), I wouldn't want us to be net more than one higher.

I don't think it matters one iota if they're good enough.

Wow...

23 portuguese players were European champions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back