• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be careful about how many Portuguese players we sign. We don't want to damage the equilibrium of the squad. As it stands we are -2 versus last year (inc. Leo), I wouldn't want us to be net more than one higher.
Nonsense.

It doesn't matter what nationality they are, as long as we're with the homegrown rules.

As for the 'equilibrium of the squad', I think I'll just trust Nuno's man management on that account.

I see your point, but I really don't think it matters and I don't think it will damage the club. "Hey Connor, you can play with half a dozen of the European champions or Dave Edwards & co..." No, I just don't see it as a problem

Quality is what matters. Not nationality, race or penis size.

It's van gaal barcelona myth living... They didn't fail because they were Dutch. They failed because they were zenden and reiziger.

Size matters SLB, no matter what all the girls have told you ;)

Size matters SLB, no matter what all the girls have told you ;)

Not in football.

As for the rest tourists in Algarve don't care about it. As long as they go back to England happy it's all that matters.

Its mainly pensioners visiting the Algarve isn't it? :)

We need to be careful about how many Portuguese players we sign. We don't want to damage the equilibrium of the squad. As it stands we are -2 versus last year (inc. Leo), I wouldn't want us to be net more than one higher.

I just don't understand this rationale, surely us signing Portuguese players when we already have Portuguese players helps the equilibrium rather than damages it?

Surely it's better than signing several different players from different nationalities? Even then i don't think it'd make a huge amount of difference.

Completely agree, we need more local lads like Danny Baath. They know how to head it and kick it and gerrit forward.

On a similar point though, this is why i think we're not going for Talisca (obviously not because he's portuguese because he ain't, obviously). From what i've read about Talisca he isn't a team player, the thing that has impressed me about the signings we've made has been their character.

As long as they have the right character and approach i couldn't give a monkeys where they're from

"Will they be able to cope with the game in England? Playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday? A cold winters night at Huddersfield? Local derby against Leicester? Phuff, ha ha ha" etc

"Will they be able to cope with the game in England? Playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday? A cold winters night at Huddersfield? Local derby against Leicester? Phuff, ha ha ha" etc

New league - Saturday - Monday - Sunday - Thursday- Tuesday - Sunday - Saturday

The Doc needn't worry about the possibility of Cancelo arriving apparently :icon_lol:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/0...ove-for-cancelo-doesnt-have-to-spell-the-end/

All true as is the fact that Daniel Farke is one of the top 5 managers in the Championship while Nuno is one of the 5 most likely to be sacked by Christmas... Oh, wait

"Letting Doherty go to accommodate Cancelo would be a mistake"... So we don't need 2 players to cover a position? We sign a rwb so must sell the one we have?
How do these people pass themselves off as credible journalists?

The Doc needn't worry about the possibility of Cancelo arriving apparently :icon_lol:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/0...ove-for-cancelo-doesnt-have-to-spell-the-end/

He is the yardstick which Cancelo must be judged against at first

Now I quite like Matt - I appreciate he has limitations but he has stuck around at Wolves through some pretty rough times and continues to appeal to all his managers so he must have something that garners the respect of those who choose to pick him. But seriously....

Now being linked with Willian Jose from Real Sociedad. You can't grumble at his goal scoring record.

He is the yardstick which Cancelo must be judged against at first

Now I quite like Matt - I appreciate he has limitations but he has stuck around at Wolves through some pretty rough times and continues to appeal to all his managers so he must have something that garners the respect of those who choose to pick him. But seriously....

This post works perfectly with your sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back