• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's people's thoughts on Jota going to Lazio now?

It's hard to tell what's real or just pure speculation so far. I think the Guedes rumour is to chivvy Valencia along and there's nothing in it, however I thought the Neves rumour was nuts and that happened very fast so I can see it happening and if it did then I wouldn't be surprised to see Jota go to Lazio.

FWIW, I think Jota stays with us, Guedes goes to Valencia, Cancelo comes to us and we sign the guy from Sociedad.

This transfer window is a mind fuck already and its only a few days old. Don't think I can cope if this keeps up until August 8th (or whenever it closes for us to buy players)

So far signed 2 players from the loan deals but 1 of them is off within a week
Want a keeper but the owner of the club is a friggin loon and we may get the player for 18m or a freebie
Linked with 2 players with fees of 40 & 45m and then another with a release clause of 52m

And we have shafted Bournemouth ever so slightly as a nice little bonus. Ace innit?

And we have shafted Bournemouth ever so slightly as a nice little bonus. Ace innit?

It will be ace if we get a couple of the rumoured players in. Then taking Bournemouth for £2.5m is just a little side note to amuse us all.

Benik Afobe

b273aac1f9679c779c2050944271f0c3.gif

Apt as his first touch often makes it look like he's wearing carpet slippers...

It will be ace if we get a couple of the rumoured players in. Then taking Bournemouth for £2.5m is just a little side note to amuse us all.

£2.5m that counts as extra income for the wage calculation - a small matter of one £50k a week player

It's hard to tell what's real or just pure speculation so far. I think the Guedes rumour is to chivvy Valencia along and there's nothing in it, however I thought the Neves rumour was nuts and that happened very fast so I can see it happening and if it did then I wouldn't be surprised to see Jota go to Lazio.

FWIW, I think Jota stays with us, Guedes goes to Valencia, Cancelo comes to us and we sign the guy from Sociedad.

hutz-hearsay.gif

Plus we do a quick negotiation with Stoke while Afobe is ever so briefly our player and bung in a nice fat juicy promotion add-on for the deal. They are now very likely to come back up and all of that add-on will be pure profit.

On 30 May Bournemouth would have been looking at receiving that fee from Stoke, no doubt with add-on included and paying us the slice still owed for the original sale minus £1m or whatever it is for the penalty clause for not enacting the option. So say they receive around £13m

On 31 May we then enact the clause and they get the money from us minus the loan fee and the outstanding debt. They then receive something in the region of £6-7m. Still that's ace, isn't it, as the player isn't wanted by them

It's ace until a week later we cash in at huge profit on the deal they had to forego as they were obligated to sell to us.

It's fucking delicious.

I can't see any way that Bournemouth would still be owing us money from a deal done in January 2016, one that we pushed through ASAP to the first bidder because we desperately wanted cash in.

This close season's transfer window is potentially going to be far too surreal to 'launch' something into cyberspace to wind anyone up

My bournemouth S/T friend was laughing at me when we took Benik on so n immediate on sale at a profit (assuming that it happens) will allow me a smug grin next time I see him - always felt that it was a bit of a 'meh' signing, but if Nuno wanted him then happy to go along with it - looks like he didn't & this was pre-arranged

What a weird thing.

I feel sorry for Afobe, but you'd hope that we have bigger fish to fry.

I've heard that we had an obligation to buy Afobe if we got promoted. No idea if it is actually true though.

He's got to be fake, surely. If he's mates with Rui and Adrien would he be splashing it all over social media?

Don't think so, I've been following him for a week now and he's pretty much always ahead of the news on Patricio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back