• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud here but is there not an argument to say that we could be doing this for FFP also?

We buy Afobe for £10/12.5m (whatever it was), amortise that over the length of his contract, and then sell him immediately and that goes in the profit column for FFP purposes?

Just thinking out loud here but is there not an argument to say that we could be doing this for FFP also?

We buy Afobe for £10/12.5m (whatever it was), amortise that over the length of his contract, and then sell him immediately and that goes in the profit column for FFP purposes?

I don't think so because as soon as you sell him there is no contract. I think the profit (or loss) for FFP is the sale price minus what's left in amortisation

What he said

You chuck the unamortised bit back in by deducting it from the sale fee.

What if he is complicit in the deal? Told he has little chance of nailing a spot in our starting line up but sign, pocket a signing on fee then sign for Stoke and pocket another fee and have far more chance of regular football

I did say this a few pages ago. I think we've triggered a clause so we could make money and as you say Afobe could well have been asked before all of it was done and said yes.

Only way it happens is if Benik knew up front and agreed for sure. You couldn't take the chance on him not agreeing and screwing the deal up.

I did say this a few pages ago. I think we've triggered a clause so we could make money and as you say Afobe could well have been asked before all of it was done and said yes.
2 signing on fees will have helped him agree I guess

You have to clear the entry on the balance sheet when you sell, whether that is plus or minus.

Nothing from Afobe (or the club weirdly) about him signing. Which surprises me, I really do think he's off.

In other news, protests at sporting Lisbon from fans/members trying to get BdC to resign

Nothing from Afobe (or the club weirdly) about him signing. Which surprises me, I really do think he's off.

In other news, protests at sporting Lisbon from fans/members trying to get BdC to resign
Club officially said he and Boly were signing last week

A lot of reports on Twitter that we are signing Cancelo for €40m

The simple fact is that if the contract is approved rescinded after the appropriate cooling off period (which seems to be 7 days under Portuguese law) then the player is ours and this lunatic gets nothing. Hold our position and wait for him to crack, while possibly mentioning that Bruno Fernandes could be in the same boat. And Bas Dost.

Will all due respect, Bruno Fernandes is out of Wolves reach. Sadly not Benfica either. That guy is going directly to Juve, Bayern, City...even Barcelona. Something like that.

A lot of reports on Twitter that we are signing Cancelo for €40m
From what I can see we have bid €40m and Uncle Jorge is telling him that he should join us

Yeah we have bid, Juve and Inter also interested? Was linked with United a few weeks ago but they signing the Porto youngster now

Cancelo is already inside the net (Valencia). He will join whoever the big dog decides. Wolves get one heck of a player.

You make it sound as though Mendes lines players up against a wall and points a gun at them with no say whatsoever.

Not going to lie, I'm not sure I'm mentally ready for us to spend 40 million on someone, let alone a right back! And it could genuinely happen.

It'd be a fantastic signing. He looks very pacy, excellent passing and dribbling, and can cross. However, I've not seen much of him defending. Wing-back would limit his exposure but he still needs to he half decent.

Not going to lie, I'm not sure I'm mentally ready for us to spend 40 million on someone, let alone a right back! And it could genuinely happen.
All it shows is that Doc is so good we have to spend €40m to improve on him...

You make it sound as though Mendes lines players up against a wall and points a gun at them with no say whatsoever.

Nowadays players have little saying when it comes to their futures. Not only with Mendes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back