• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of random clubs with a fierce hatred towards us. Norwich, Reading, Bristol City, Cardiff, Stoke, Forest, Walsall, Port Vale... None of them really reciprocated.

There are a lot of random clubs with a fierce hatred towards us. Norwich, Reading, Bristol City, Cardiff, Stoke, Forest, Walsall, Port Vale... None of them really reciprocated.

Norwich - the Bellamy thing (which they totally misremember, simple folk that they are)
Reading - they hated McGhee and hence us
Bristol City - weirdos full stop
Cardiff - Moxey banned them
Stoke - sort of a derby, it was a biggish deal once
Forest - never heard that one
Walsall - pipsqueaks who need someone to hate, ultimately it costs them as they should be having our best youngsters on loan on tap
Vale - Burslem mutants, proper gammon

League 1 was properly weird for exposing some very 1 sided rivalries. I'll never forget the Walsall JPT game and how hyped their fans were.

Do Reading still hate Leicester for the McGhee thing?

Norwich - the Bellamy thing (which they totally misremember, simple folk that they are)
Reading - they hated McGhee and hence us
Bristol City - weirdos full stop
Cardiff - Moxey banned them
Stoke - sort of a derby, it was a biggish deal once
Forest - never heard that one
Walsall - pipsqueaks who need someone to hate, ultimately it costs them as they should be having our best youngsters on loan on tap
Vale - Burslem mutants, proper gammon
Reading for the play-off semi final as well. Can't remember his name but one of them wrote a blog about how 2500 Reading fans barely escaped with their lives after the home leg.

Think Forest must stem back from the cup final. If you take a look on their forums they have a proper hatred for us though.

Talking of Forest, don't know if it's been mentioned here but they're about to sign Joao Carvalho & Diogo Goncalves, one of them on loan, one for €15M. Will be very interesting to see what happens with them.

Reading for the play-off semi final as well. Can't remember his name but one of them wrote a blog about how 2500 Reading fans barely escaped with their lives after the home leg.

I know that guy :icon_lol: Friend of a friend.

Go and learn some more 90's rock songs you nasally voiced, poor mans Marcus Brigstocke $#@! trumpet.

BOOM! [emoji95] He’s got you bang on there Rich! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking of Forest, don't know if it's been mentioned here but they're about to sign Joao Carvalho & Diogo Goncalves, one of them on loan, one for €15M. Will be very interesting to see what happens with them.

Agreed, it's like folk saw us spend £15m in a Portuguese midfielder and thought "that's what you have to do!"

John Percy going with the Afobe story now (although he has it as we paid £10m and we're getting £12m off Stoke). I think there's something in it and personally I would go for it.

Surely by the time agents'/signing on fees etc have been paid it's pointless at those figures?

John Percy going with the Afobe story now (although he has it as we paid £10m and we're getting £12m off Stoke). I think there's something in it and personally I would go for it.

Don't see it happening really.

Odd move to make "Yeah Benik, sign up and we will shift you on inside a week for a profit, cha-ching for us and you won't even have to move house...fancy it son?"

Surely by the time agents'/signing on fees etc have been paid it's pointless at those figures?

The problem is that the real world doesn't quite work like Football Manager, Delbert.

We're only going to do it if there's money in it for us, otherwise we'd let it be Bournemouth's problem, wouldn't we.

I can't get my head round it, it's a really weird one.

Napoli have signed Dan's favourite keeper so it looks like we've got a clear run on Rui Patricio.

The problem is that the real world doesn't quite work like Football Manager, Delbert.

We're only going to do it if there's money in it for us, otherwise we'd let it be Bournemouth's problem, wouldn't we.

I know that, but is it really worth all the fucking about and reputation damage for a million-or-so quid? To most of the outside world we look dodgy enough as it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back