• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised Doumbia now plays in Croatia (which would suggest that he was not that good at his previous club to end up there). I remember him being good up until the 3-3 draw with Brighton where he scored. Think he signed very soon after that, and I am guilty of thinking it was a good decision to do so.

Seem pretty definite, this guy has been correct all along

9da0d4d9a60c26fc110406adaad7e5bf.jpg

That chairman at Sporting certainly goes large on everything! Wolves are the dishonest club for not accepting his price hike when the parties were basically sat around a table, pens in hand? He promised to pay Gestifute their money then complains they actually want it? Remember reading when things kicked off at Sporting that he was a nightmare to deal with as he didn't follow any logic, just what he wanted to be true! Don't think we will be dealing with him ever again after this.

Sporting chairman plan was to repeat what he did to Adrien Silva last year. Drag the negotiations until the end of August and reaching the deal close to midnight. Then a little delay with the paperwork and voilá... Player unable to play football until January.

Yesterday Otávio Machado who is a former Sporting team manager said on TV that Patricio rejected a Benfica offer because he respects too much Sporting and all the years he spent there so he would never sign with the biggest rival.

Being hated in football generally means you are a success. So bring on more hatred.

Have the express and star reported on Patricio at all?

Being hated in football generally means you are a success. So bring on more hatred.

Not sure on that, I have an irrational dislike of Spurs and they are pretty much never successful.

Not that I can see. I wonder if they've been told not to.
Not a word on it either means the club have asked them to say nothing and they get an exclusive or the staff are lazy bastards

Judah is on his holiday's in Greece. Spiers probably hasn't got out of bed since the season finished.

Yeah it is weird, they're not normally shy in rehashing shit from other news sources. Suspect the shadowy legal issues surrounding it have led to a request from wolves

Judah is on his holiday's in Greece. Spiers probably hasn't got out of bed since the season finished.

They have a new dude covering Wolves now to join Timmy and his bantz pal

According to a radio station from Valencia, we are in “pole position” to sign Joao Cancelo.

Last edited:

I remember reading a newspaper article a few years (10?) ago, with a poll of the most hated teams in English football. Top 2 were Man U and Chelsea, which goes with your point. Third was Leeds, which I guess is a hangover from the 'Dirty Leeds era? Fourth was Wolves. It wasn't just vote one, but your worst three. My guess at the time was that of the West Midlands, we won't be everyone's most hated team, but we seem to be a lot of teams second most hated?
To be honest, as long as someone's not actually punching me in the face, I can put up with the Twitter vitriol and laugh it off...

McGhee brought us a lot of hate. We had loads of money and he behaved so poorly towards the opposition (and our own fans, at points).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back