• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure either is a great fit. Last season I would have said Marega but the more he played for Porto the more his shortcomings in attacking buildup became apparent. Dost could work but sometimes just looks like a lump.

If Milan won't sell us Silva do you think they'll let us have Cutrone instead?

If they really do get kicked out of the Europa League then I bet they'd have a number of players who want/need to leave.

Andre Silva was one of the hottest prospects in Europe just a year ago. 16 goals in 32 games and 5 in the Champions League. Nuno had him for a year and if we go for him clearly he believes Silva will be a good fit for our system and I have faith in him. Yes, Silva has had a poor season at Milan but he has struggled to settle (and made no secret of it) in a team not completely suited to the way he plays. One difficult season doesn't make him a bad player.

Gianelli Imbula used to be highly rated, too.

Any player sucks with Gattuso. André Silva is a talented player. Watch him play for Portugal instead of Milan and spot the differences.

Rui himself ruled out staying in Portugal because he fears for his family, hasn't he? Or was that just a rumor?

Rui himself ruled out staying in Portugal because he fears for his family, hasn't he? Or was that just a rumor?

Yes it's true..she only said that to insult Benfica.

And Wolves for the case being.

PS: by the way I love my new tag. Don't know who had the idea but fits me perfectly.

Didn't most Porto fans think he was rubbish and that they had robbed Stoke blind?

His reputation comes from his time at Marseille. He moved from there to Porto and yeah, he had a bad time there. And then again at Stoke. And now again at Toulouse.

Bergkamp was considered a failure in Italy and when he signed for Arsenal I remember the press and broadcasters discussing if Arsenal had paid too much considering his time in Italy. Plenty of examples of players not fitting a country, also AC changed manager and with that systems in a fairly drastic manner.

Yes it's true..she only said that to insult Benfica.

And Wolves for the case being.

Tbf she's far from the only one calling Wolves a dishonest club at the moment. Not that I mind. We've been cleared by enough authorities that I'm not suspicious.

His reputation comes from his time at Marseille. He moved from there to Porto and yeah, he had a bad time there. And then again at Stoke. And now again at Toulouse.

Big shoes to fill at Stoke and Toulouse tbf.

SEYI.jpg

Tongo+Doumbia+Wolverhampton+Wanderers+v+Barnsley+FHuxJi07yqQl.jpg

Tongo's been pretty good everywhere but here, to be fair.

Tongo's been pretty good everywhere but here, to be fair.

Well there we go, if I were to take your word on his ability (which I never saw backed up in a gold shirt) then it would prove the point that a good* player needn't be written off because it doesn't work out at one club...

*I refuse to believe this, he was a feckless twat

Well there we go, if I were to take your word on his ability (which I never saw backed up in a gold shirt) then it would prove the point that a good* player needn't be written off because it doesn't work out at one club...

He hasn't been £30m good!

He was fine before we turned his loan into a permanent deal.

He was fine before we turned his loan into a permanent deal.

Already on the way down a fair way before we did that as I recall. To the point where a lot of people were questioning why we'd bothered when he hadn't shone for a while and nothing had been conclusively proven either way regarding him. I mean, we wouldn't have dreamed of signing Alf midway through his loan deal and he was miles better than Tongo.

André Silva is not worth the reported price tag. Heck, I'd say he wouldn't be worth half of it.

Regarding Patrício's legal battle, he hired the best lawyer firm for labor cases, if they counselled him to file the termination of his contract it probably means they're pretty sure they can win the case. We'll see.

Even if he loses, I think either party, Wolves (if Fosun so chooses) or Patrício, would have to pay a smaller fee than 18M. So it kind of is a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back