• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big card we have is that if it all gets THAT messy, then half of the Sporting squad is going to walk. They can't afford that, so they are going to have to fold at some point soon.

The big card we have is that if it all gets THAT messy, then half of the Sporting squad is going to walk. They can't afford that, so they are going to have to fold at some point soon.

My friend..you don't know that guy... He won't fold. Ever.

FIFA wont stop us registering him. The only issue to settle would be how much (if any) compensation Sporting were due. In the meantime he'd be a Wolves player.

And in the meantime, this isn't going to affect Patricio at all? And it isn't going to take up any of our time when we have just over two months to do a whole load of business in multiple areas?

That is right. Sporting will go to courts and FIFA. It's no wolves problem since in case they decide in favour of sporting, it's Patricio who is going to pay. But it's still a pain in ass...

Exactly, it's not a problem we need. He isn't the only goalkeeper in the world that we can sign.

This will be settled before next Friday and we will pay a fee for him.

For example if Benfica tries any player that terminates the contract, the only one I think it's worth the bother is Bruno Fernandes. And maybe Gelson. But its 45M+ worth players we are talking here...

From what I could decipher on sporting's Facebook page BdC has no intention of stepping down, they are adamant they don't own Gestifute any money as they re-wrote the contracts.

It does seem as though Rui Patricio currently doesn't have a contract. It's a complete no brainer to sign him, he's levels above john Ruddy from what I've seen

You've got to assume the original contract had 3 signatories, one of which was Gestifute. 2 of those parties can't just arbitrarily sign a new contract without buying out the other party.

You've got to assume the original contract had 3 signatories, one of which was Gestifute. 2 of those parties can't just arbitrarily sign a new contract without buying out the other party.

Exactly, I don't understand why sporting think any differently. It's an undefendable position

We'll stump up the extra €2m I reckon and just land him that way. Jorgey boy will owe us a favour then.

We'll stump up the extra €2m I reckon and just land him that way. Jorgey boy will owe us a favour then.

I dont think we should. Otherwise every club will try it whenever we try to sign someone. Similar I think to what happened with locadia.

Either way I think we'll be getting Rui Patricio, no need to spend where we don't need to

I dont think we should. Otherwise every club will try it whenever we try to sign someone. Similar I think to what happened with locadia.

Either way I think we'll be getting Rui Patricio, no need to spend where we don't need to

Bit tongue in cheek really that was mate, I don't think we should either. And Fosun won't, they've shown on multiple occasions in a short space of time that they're no pushovers. I think we'll get him as well and will be fucking chuffed to bits when we do.

Patricio on a free would be fine, but not sure that he is that much of an upgrade to get into a legal battle over - particularly if we end up paying what will for a time be our record transfer fee.

Jorge Mendes is right. Those 7M are his. I'm just surprised nobody brought that up earlier.

What makes you think he’s not an upgrade Parkin?

From what I have heard & read - though that may well be nowhere near sufficient to judge accurately, just for what would be (as of now) our highest transfer fee if we pay £18M then would want him to be seriously better than what we have already & I have not seen any indication that he is

It wouldn't be our highest transfer fee for long I'd imagine though!

From what I have heard & read - though that may well be nowhere near sufficient to judge accurately, just for what would be (as of now) our highest transfer fee if we pay £18M then would want him to be seriously better than what we have already & I have not seen any indication that he is

He is. He is miles better than Ruddy.

It wouldn't be our highest transfer fee for long I'd imagine though!
What did we pay for Neves? As the fee is €18m the exchange rate would put the fee for Patricio at around £15.5m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back