• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not. The question made was about Portuguese managers only. And that is my list. AVB is still a great manager imo. Better than many in PL today.

I would sign him today for Benfica without hesitation.

Here is MY list for non Portuguese:

Sarri
Favre
Guardiola
Simeone
Emery
Setien
Conte
I'd asked who were the Portuguese managers at the top of the profession, ie the best in the world, as you'd stated your belief that your nation produced the best managers in the world currently.

I take you're now stepping back from that stance a little?

I'd asked who were the Portuguese managers at the top of the profession, ie the best in the world, as you'd stated your belief that your nation produced the best managers in the world currently.

I take you're now stepping back from that stance a little?

I still think no other nation produces today better managers than Portugal. Leonardo Jardim, Mourinho and Marco Silva are top 10 in the world today. And the 3 are at the level of those I mentioned. No other nation figures 3 managers on my top 10 list.

Also the "average" level of the portuguese manager is the best in the world today imo. With Italy being a close second.

I still think no other nation produces today better managers than Portugal. Leonardo Jardim, Mourinho and Marco Silva are top 10 in the world today. And the 3 are at the level of those I mentioned. No other nation figures 3 managers on my top 10 list.

Also the "average" level of the portuguese manager is the best in the world today imo. With Italy being a close second.

I think there are some excellent Portuguese managers. However there are some excellent non Portuguese managers. I can't generalise.

PS: refraining from posting on this forum from now on. Join me on Benfica forum we have a English only section if you'd like. We welcome everyone there.

Good luck to Wolves in PL. Some great fans, great club. There are jerks everywhere of course, wolves are no exception.

please stick around slb. i for one enjoy your opinions..and they are just that, opinions. there is absolutely no need for some of the abuse and aggression that has been directed your way.

please stick around slb. i for one enjoy your opinions..and they are just that, opinions. there is absolutely no need for some of the abuse and aggression that has been directed your way.

Thank you

Any chance this thread could be kept for Wolves transfer rumours?

I mean don't get me wrong I'm all for riveting discussion and in this looming post brexit world international relations are going to be very important.

However, the football thread would be a fantastic place to discuss the current top Portuguese managers...this thread would be perfect to discuss, I don't know, Wolves transfer rumours?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Any chance this thread could be kept for Wolves transfer rumours?

I mean don't get me wrong I'm all for riveting discussion and in this looming post brexit world international relations are going to be very important.

However, the football thread would be a fantastic place to discuss the current top Portuguese managers...this thread would be perfect to discuss, I don't know, Wolves transfer rumours?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What he said.

I said the other day that if I was Rowett I'd go for him, however I don't think we'd make a big enough profit to make signing him in the first place worthwhile after agents fees etc, so can't see it myself.

I've seen Stoke want Afobe for 16m. If that's true then why not. Money for nothing!

Gonçalves and Carvalho are not in Benfica plans for next season. Both are linked with a move to England. Newspapers mentioned Forest but since Benfica wants to make a final sale and not a loan with Carvalho, Wolves seem more likely.

Both have tremendous talent but Benfica has a tool for a manager who can't even get the best out Zivkovic.

If NES changes the formation to a 3 men midfield (which would make sense imo), Carvalho would be a perfect fit.

Gonçalves and Carvalho are not in Benfica plans for next season. Both are linked with a move to England. Newspapers mentioned Forest but since Benfica wants to make a final sale and not a loan with Carvalho, Wolves seem more likely.

Both have tremendous talent but Benfica has a tool for a manager who can't even get the best out Zivkovic.

If NES changes the formation to a 3 men midfield (which would make sense imo), Carvalho would be a perfect fit.

Talk of Forest paying 15 million for Gonclaves with the option after a seasons loan of 20 million for Carvalho.

Nuno played with a three man midfield often to close games out but I don't think he ever started with that organisation of players. Sometimes we would replace a striker with N'Diaye, who would be almost a false striker (withthe inside forwards narrower too), and sometimes he would play Neves deeper with Saiss and N'Diaye/Gibbs-White either side of him. But it never really gave us the balance that the 1-3-4-3 did. Granted, we obviously played that more often and most likely train for that formation more often.

I said the other day that if I was Rowett I'd go for him, however I don't think we'd make a big enough profit to make signing him in the first place worthwhile after agents fees etc, so can't see it myself.

I think the wording of the story about signing Afobe could be important and that is we exercised the buyout clause. It could be that we knew we were going to sell to Stoke anyway and so saw the opportunity to make a small sum of money in the process.

Maybe there was nothing Bournemouth could do about it. Tin hat stuff but could be plausible.

Didn't it say something about the 3 of them joining up for preseason training though? Odd thing to say if you were going to re-sell him.

Nikolas

@NikolasAlek
22h22 hours ago

Looking more and more likely that Sporting will find compromises with the players that have or want to terminate their contracts.

All still possible, but currently we are moving close to a compromise and the Rui transfer going through in a monetary sense rather than for free.

To all the people even remotely considering we are going to sell Afobe please leave the room now and jump off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back