• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only been a football fan for 30 years, perhaps I need to read Nick Hornby's recollections from 30 years ago in order to educate me on how to be a fan.

I mean Fever Pitch is a decent book (if outdated now) but fucking hell.

:icon_lol: if you want real in-depth analysis, SLB, look for some of Ian Abraham's work. Probably one of the finest football minds in English media

You spelled cunt wrong. Obvs.

If you want to know which club gives the best free food to journos then Moose is absolutely your man. Otherwise, the only time he looks even vaguely knowledgeable is when he is jousting against the mega mind Dean Saunders.

The man who derides everyone else's opinion, tries to pass his own off as fact, pretends he is tactically and mentally superior, argues against those who watch the team week in week out claiming his crafted insight makes him more knowledgable of what is happening on the pitchb and the players who perform on it, calls bullshit on linksbut up by others to support statements then accuses those same people of lacking class...that sir is priceless.

I wouldn't bother getting aerated about it. SLB either posts or he doesn't. It doesn't change what our eyes see every week.

He can post all he likes, he isn't getting immunity from posting utter shite. Which is all he's ever done. I don't care where he comes from.

Fever pitch is one of the best football books I ever read.

It’s a great book - I don’t think anyone disagrees - but it’s not one to improve your football/tactical knowledge exactly...

It’s a great book - I don’t think anyone disagrees - but it’s not one to improve your football/tactical knowledge exactly...

Like I said..not just the tactical ones are good.

My favs though. Most are in portuguese (I think Portuguese managers are the best in the world today but well maybe it's just because I grew up watching their teams) but some are even worse the trouble of translating.

Fuckin hell this thread got weird....

has Rui signed yet?????

Never fails to amaze me how fans of the same team can get so twisted about pretty mundane stuff. Tbf to slb, although he does spout some rubbish, he's not alone in this, also if we critisize people who have a bias against certain players or figures around the club, there'd be hardly any posts. Personally I'm struggling to find anything to whinge about this season. I think a lot of people will question Mendez ultimate motivation but for us so far its been brilliant....we'll have to wait and see how it pans out long term

Like I said..not just the tactical ones are good.

My favs though. Most are in portuguese (I think Portuguese managers are the best in the world today but well maybe it's just because I grew up watching their teams) but some are even worse the trouble of translating.
Out of interest, which Portuguese managers would you consider to be at the top of their profession? I can't think of many that are really at elite level clubs off the top of my head, Mourinho stands out but his way of playing hasn't endeared much support in recent years, not since his first spell at Chelsea perhaps. AVB flirted with big clubs for a while until it came crashing down around him, hasn't he sacked it off for motorsport now?

Since you called it a good call i decided to refrain from it.

You're more than welcome on here and more than welcome to post whatever you want. But be aware that there are some people on here who eat, sleep and live football, not just Wolves. They'll counter your opinions all day long and most of the time, especially when it comes to posters such as Deutsch, will back that up with cold hard facts. Don't take it personal because it certainly isn't, nobody else here does. At the end of the day this place is all about discussion (obviously) and we're all willing to do that, but if someone doesn't agree with you or debunks an argument it doesn't mean you have to pack your bags, you'd have to do that if nobody bothered replying to you.

Stick around, just grow a thick skin.

That took ages to post as well as I'm pretty fucking wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back