• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think that we can at least be balanced about Mendez and give credit for the great business so far. When inevitively some signings wont pay off or players leave we won't be having a tantrum. I know we all think we have superb recruitment but its great when everything clicks and you need a bit of luck. You can not guarantee another summer where it all gels like this year.

yep. and it gets more difficult now. higher stakes and against better teams.

Anyone that passes opinion off as fact deserves what they get irrespective of nationality or topic.

I don't particularly fancy Jorge tbh, but he is a good partner to have, for both buying and selling. Benfica has made some very good deals due to him. But also some bad ones. So far, the partnership has bore fruit with the likes of Jota, Neves and Nuno. Its been very very good and Im happy with it, as a Wolves fan.

As for Patrício, should he lose the proceedings, the damages will probably be lesser than the 18M fee anyway. If he has an agreement with Wolves he will [probably] honour it.

I don't particularly fancy Jorge tbh, but he is a good partner to have, for both buying and selling. Benfica has made some very good deals due to him. But also some bad ones. So far, the partnership has bore fruit with the likes of Jota, Neves and Nuno. Its been very very good and Im happy with it, as a Wolves fan.

As for Patrício, should he lose the proceedings, the damages will probably be lesser than the 18M fee anyway. If he has an agreement with Wolves he will [probably] honour it.

Selling Benfica academy players is no brainer. Ask Mendes to get us rid of Pizzi or Salvio and tell me when he does it.

As for the critics above:
-Helder Costa was not worth 15M back when he was bought. I stand with that opinion. Even today i don't put a price tag on him much higher than that. Sorry it's my opinion.

-Mendes is "using" Wolves just like any other club. His purpose is making money and making money only. I wish I could make as much money. Maybe without the investigations in Portugal, Spain and England though.

-Ruben Neves was very close to sign with Monaco last year. And I am sure of this. I have my sources and you are entitled to believe them or not.

-Why didn't you quote my opinions on Boly, Miranda and Jota?

-Or when I reviewed NES formation just with a few friendlies played?

Ok, I don't believe you on that last one.

We saw Helder Costa for five months when we bought him - you had seen him play ONE first team game for Benfica. So I think we were in a better position to comment on his worth.

Plus, Helder Costa is bloody brilliant anyway. I can’t wait to watch him in the Premier League

Ok, I don't believe you on that last one.

We saw Helder Costa for five months when we bought him - you had seen him play ONE first team game for Benfica. So I think we were in a better position to comment on his worth.

I saw over 70 games of Hélder Costa in portuguese second tier. Which is a professional competition.

His performances haven't changed now from what they were between August 2016 and January 2017, he was worth the money, quite easily.

So at what point between January last year and some indeterminate point over the last 15 months did you begrudgingly admit that yes, he was worth it? Because I'm telling you nothing at all has changed between either point.

Please don't lecture us on what we can see with our own eyes.

He hasn't played for Benfica since 2015. He was on loan with Monaco. And everything changed. He got playtime, he got confidence, he improved both as a player and, most important because it was one of his main problems, he improved as a man and as a professional football player.

Selling Benfica academy players is no brainer. Ask Mendes to get us rid of Pizzi or Salvio and tell me when he does it.

As for the critics above:
-Helder Costa was not worth 15M back when he was bought. I stand with that opinion. Even today i don't put a price tag on him much higher than that. Sorry it's my opinion.

-Mendes is "using" Wolves just like any other club. His purpose is making money and making money only. I wish I could make as much money. Maybe without the investigations in Portugal, Spain and England though.

-Ruben Neves was very close to sign with Monaco last year. And I am sure of this. I have my sources and you are entitled to believe them or not.

-Why didn't you quote my opinions on Boly, Miranda and Jota?

-Or when I reviewed NES formation just with a few friendlies played?

On Boly and Miranda I'm pretty sure you said they were no good...Boly is fucking immense! Jota, I'm sure yo said he wasn't worth the money and Nuno you basically said he was a nutter with no personality or passion and produced some press conference with him scribbling on a whiteboard and mocked him.

Pretty much wrong on every point...

He hasn't played for Benfica since 2015. He was on loan with Monaco. And everything changed. He got playtime, he got confidence, he improved both as a player and, most important because it was one of his main problems, he improved as a man and as a professional football player.

Yes.

So what has any of that got to do with what WE saw of him at Wolves between August 2016 and January 2017, and how WE were all united in saying he was definitely worth the money, and how even you concede now that yes, he was worth it?

So, basically, a young player struggled with the step up, went on loan to a team who treated him correctly and then he was sold to us. We continued to aid his development and he is now a VERY good footballer. Your loss I would say

Hard to say who or what sparked Helder's transformation from the player SLB remembers to the one we know today. Certainly in his first season he began much the lesser between himself and Teixeira, for example. Then, around the time we beat Newcastle, he just became immense and never looked back (time spent recovering from injury aside).

For my money, he still lets his head drop too easily, but 15m is at the very least a good deal, if not a great one, for a player of his natural ability.

I still rate Cav more highly, though.

Newcastle being our 8th game of the season and Helder's second league start for Wolves.

Damn you for your rubbish start, you Bruno Mars knob.

Once again. He is a decent player today.

For 15M it was great for Benfica.

Di Maria cost us 8M. Matic 5M. Ederson 1M. David Luiz a packet of peanuts.

Wolves got a good deal? Well yes, today it was worth it. At that time Benfica got 15M for a guy who would never wear the A team shirt again. I think I've made my point clear so further talk is just going off topic here. Done with the subject.

I said Boly was from Auxerre academy and had talent.

Jota I said that he would do better than Neves. I added he was Porto's best player and I would take him to Benfica squad if I could. But if we are just making stuff up its not worth the talk really.

But if we are just making stuff up its not worth the talk really.

Might like to edit a good portion of your previous 339 posts in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back