• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a free transfer other clubs will be after Patricio, that's for sure. 18M is still pricey for a GK and some giants will low funds (Milan for example) will take their chances.
Not if he's already signed a contract with us.

Not if he's already signed a contract with us.

I don't see a contract being signed with no agreement with the other club reached right?

And knowing Mendes, all it takes is a club offering a higher signing fee (to both him and Patricio).

The nutjob will never negotiate with Mendes now. Wolves best chance is a free transfer.

The nutjob will never negotiate with Mendes now. Wolves best chance is a free transfer.

If Patricio walks then so do the other players. That's a lot of assets leaving the club for nothing. They'll need replacing

I don't see a contract being signed with no agreement with the other club reached right?

And knowing Mendes, all it takes is a club offering a higher signing fee (to both him and Patricio).

I have seen a fair few Portuguese players join Wolves in the last 12 months and they all seem to be very honest and down to earth and bought into the "project" that is going on here. Mendes has yet to "stab us in the back" and I can't see him starting now over this. I think an agreement has been reached and it will be honoured, one way or another

Any chance you can stop spouting this rubbish?

Well, it depends on how you stop spouting yours. Maybe with a 3M fee we can reach an agreement.

You should live a happier life. Would you like me to lend you a few football books maybe? They can teach you a lot and there is for sure a need there.

Bore off with your tedious anti-Mendes/ Wolves bollocks. It was the same last summer and now this. I wish you'd find another site to pollute with your crap and I'm not even sure you're just an Albion fan on the wind up.

Makes a nice change from the constant anti-Thelwell soundtrack IMO.

Bore off with your tedious anti-Mendes/ Wolves bollocks. It was the same last summer and now this. I wish you'd find another site to pollute with your crap and I'm not even sure you're just an Albion fan on the wind up.

Nah. Call Benfica. Paying member 41041.

And how is what I said anti-Mendes? If you had read what I said you would know that I was talking about sporting chairman. Who, like I said, also has a back story with Mendes. Are you sure you aren't a sporting fan?

Nah. Call Benfica. Paying member 41041.

And how is what I said anti-Mendes? If you had read what I said you would know that I was talking about sporting chairman. Who, like I said, also has a back story with Mendes. Are you sure you aren't a sporting fan?

Seriously?

You’re all going over the top, leave the guy alone. It’s good to get a Portuguese view.

Edit - just noticed it’s only Johnny...

I appreciate the thoughts SLB.

I love the fact we have Porties posting on here with their views but lets remember they are fans too and can be just as varied in their view as us. For one I am delighted uncle Jorge is helping us but still have that tiny fear in the back of my mind he will hump us at some point.

So far so good from what I see and please keep posting Porties I always read the posts even if I don't show my appreciation in some way.

I love the fact we have Porties posting on here with their views but lets remember they are fans too and can be just as varied in their view as us.

This is it, I've no doubt that SLB believes what he's writing but then it's the same guy who told us right up to the second that we signed Neves that he probably wasn't coming and Mendes was probably just using us, and also assured us that Helder Costa wasn't worth what we paid for him (this after we'd seen first hand vastly more of him at first team level than he ever had). I don't think his credibility is that great although he's entitled to his opinion.

Put it this way, if there's a Sporting forum out there and some Wolves fans managed to get on there to give their slant on things, I'm sure we can all think of people we definitely wouldn't want to be putting "our side" of events. Them being a Wolves fan is neither here nor there, some people just don't talk sense.

I would like to think that we can at least be balanced about Mendez and give credit for the great business so far. When inevitively some signings wont pay off or players leave we won't be having a tantrum. I know we all think we have superb recruitment but its great when everything clicks and you need a bit of luck. You can not guarantee another summer where it all gels like this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back