• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're more than welcome on here and more than welcome to post whatever you want. But be aware that there are some people on here who eat, sleep and live football, not just Wolves. They'll counter your opinions all day long and most of the time, especially when it comes to posters such as Deutsch, will back that up with cold hard facts. Don't take it personal because it certainly isn't, nobody else here does. At the end of the day this place is all about discussion (obviously) and we're all willing to do that, but if someone doesn't agree with you or debunks an argument it doesn't mean you have to pack your bags, you'd have to do that if nobody bothered replying to you.

Stick around, just grow a thick skin.

Thank you

Ask and you shall receive.

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/ultimas_comunicacoes.cfm?num_ent=%#$C]#=8

First one is the Podence one the second is the Patricio resignation.

So no more Patricio stock market communications by Sporting:

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/docs/FR68865.pdf

For those who never seen one here is portuguese most recent transfer (Ricardo Pereira to Leicester) communication to the stock market:

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/docs/FR68674.pdf

Cheers mate

Out of interest, which Portuguese managers would you consider to be at the top of their profession? I can't think of many that are really at elite level clubs off the top of my head, Mourinho stands out but his way of playing hasn't endeared much support in recent years, not since his first spell at Chelsea perhaps. AVB flirted with big clubs for a while until it came crashing down around him, hasn't he sacked it off for motorsport now?

Best portuguese manager today imo is Leonardo Jardim (Mónaco)

Next on the list by preference order:
Marco Silva (Everton)
Mourinho (Utd)
Jorge Jesus (Sporting...not for long)
Paulo Fonseca (Shakhtar)
Cardoso (Rio Ave)
Abel (Braga)
Vítor Pereira (Shanghai)
AVB (No club)
Rui Jorge (Portugal U21)

Of course...not at top clubs some of them but it's not easy to be trusted when you come from a small championship.
What people forget is that it's a 10M nation that is current European champion, has won international club competitions multiple times, reach European finals quite often...but still most big clubs "refrain" to take a bet on portuguese managers. Imo Portuguese league has multiple managers that are better than many at the Premier league.

And I have high hopes for Rui Faria after leaving Mourinho. Hopefully sitting at a Benfica bench.

Marco Silva (Everton)
Mourinho (Utd)
Paulo Fonseca (Shakhtar)
Cardoso (Rio Ave)
Abel (Braga)
Vítor Pereira (Shanghai)
AVB (No club)
Rui Jorge (Portugal U21)

And I have high hopes for Rui Faria after leaving Mourinho. Hopefully sitting at a Benfica bench.

What no nuno?????

The man who derides everyone else's opinion, tries to pass his own off as fact, pretends he is tactically and mentally superior.
Does this not apply to a significant percentage of posters here? I am not sure of the credentials of anyone here but from my own honest experiences I would say most fans posting here are just that, not experts just fans.

Lets not get carried away eh.

On the Patricio deal it looks like we are well in the mix. I know not everyone is too excited but he is an upgrade on Ruddy and also a name that could help other signings come on board. I hope it happens and is the spearhead for some big name signings!!

Marco Silva (Everton)
Mourinho (Utd)
Paulo Fonseca (Shakhtar)
Cardoso (Rio Ave)
Abel (Braga)
Vítor Pereira (Shanghai)
AVB (No club)
Rui Jorge (Portugal U21)

Of course...not at top clubs some of them but it's not easy to be trusted when you come from a small championship.
What people forget is that it's a 10M nation that is current European champion, has won international club competitions multiple times, reach European finals quite often...but still most big clubs "refrain" to take a bet on portuguese managers. Imo Portuguese league has multiple managers that are better than many at the Premier league.

Interesting that you put Abel of Braga, Cardoso of Rio Ave (no trophies or titles) both in their first managerial positions. Plus Rui Jorge current coach of Portugal u21's and no other experience above Nuno. This coupled with your "opinion" of him when we appointed him would suggest some bias against him. Also conveniently no mention of Sergio Conceicao current Porto boss who just won the league and was very highly thought of at Nantes.

Interesting that you put Abel of Braga, Cardoso of Rio Ave (no trophies or titles) both in their first managerial positions. Plus Rui Jorge current coach of Portugal u21's and no other experience above Nuno. This coupled with your "opinion" of him when we appointed him would suggest some bias against him. Also conveniently no mention of Sergio Conceicao current Porto boss who just won the league and was very highly thought of at Nantes.

I also did not mention Benfica manager who was portuguese champion twice in a row... and a portuguese cup with Guimarães before that against... Benfica. I'm biased when it comes to my club too I guess?

Also: Abel was with Sporting B before Braga. They didnt win trophies but it's expected when you manage those Clubs right? Would you like to have Di Matteo at Wolves? He won a champions league and NES did not. So he must be better right?
Is breaking Braga record of points a smaller achievement than promoting the best team in the championship? Maybe yes...maybe not.

Not only trophies count when evaluating a manager. Specially at young age.

I also did not mention Benfica manager who was portuguese champion twice in a row... I'm biased when it comes to my club too I guess?

Also: Abel was with Sporting B before Braga. They didnt win trophies but it's expected when you manage those Clubs right? Would you like to have Di Matteo at Wolves? He won a champions league and NES did not. So he must be better right?

Just an observation, you jumped to the conclusion I was suggesting an anti Porto bias. As you included AVB, Mourinho and Vitor Pereira all ex Porto title winning coaches, I'm surprised you'd jump straight to that conclusion unless there was an underlying thought process to it. Unless you're coloured by your anti-Mendes bias instead?

Just an observation, you jumped to the conclusion I was suggesting an anti Porto bias. As you included AVB, Mourinho and Vitor Pereira all ex Porto title winning coaches, I'm surprised you'd jump straight to that conclusion unless there was an underlying thought process to it. Unless you're coloured by your anti-Mendes bias instead?

It was obvious since Conceição is still with Porto.

Conceição agent is not Mendes btw.

I don't recall saying that he was.

So the Anti Mendes bias sugested is just cause of NES?

Ronaldo is the best player in the world.
Mourinho is an amazing manager.
Ederson is the best goalkeeper in world.
Bernardo Silva is the best portuguese player today after Ronaldo.

How is that for an anti Mendes bias opinion?

Marco Silva (Everton)
Mourinho (Utd)
Paulo Fonseca (Shakhtar)
Cardoso (Rio Ave)
Abel (Braga)
Vítor Pereira (Shanghai)
AVB (No club)
Rui Jorge (Portugal U21)

So would you put all of those above all non-Portugueae managers?

I don't profress to be familiar with all the names on that, truth be told I've never heard of half of them! Though Jardim has certainly done very well at Monaco, didn't realise he was Portuguese, few of the others seem to have achieved a great deal of success. I mean Marco Silva did well in Greece but he's hardly consolidated that yet in England, Hull was always going to be difficult but they were pathetic away from home and then it just fell apart for him at Watford, needs to do well now at Everton otherwise he's probably going to be viewed with much more scepticism. Then we've got good old AVB still on your list some how, phenomenal start to his career then bombed twice over here, essentially doing the same thing both times with a completely unsuitable high defensive line making his teams so easy to score against, before drifting off to a joke shop league and then disappearing all together to drive through the desert.

Seems a bit of a stretch to suggest it's a list of the best managers in the world.

So would you put all of those above all non-Portugueae managers?

I don't profress to be familiar with all the names on that, truth be told I've never heard of half of them! Though Jardim has certainly done very well at Monaco, didn't realise he was Portuguese, few of the others seem to have achieved a great deal of success. I mean Marco Silva did well in Greece but he's hardly consolidated that yet in England, Hull was always going to be difficult but they were pathetic away from home and then it just fell apart for him at Watford, needs to do well now at Everton otherwise he's probably going to be viewed with much more scepticism. Then we've got good old AVB still on your list some how, phenomenal start to his career then bombed twice over here, essentially doing the same thing both times with a completely unsuitable high defensive line making his teams so easy to score against, before drifting off to a joke shop league and then disappearing all together to drive through the desert.

Seems a bit of a stretch to suggest it's a list of the best managers in the world.

Of course not. The question made was about Portuguese managers only. And that is my list. AVB is still a great manager imo. Better than many in PL today.

I would sign him today for Benfica without hesitation.

Here is MY list for non Portuguese:

Sarri
Favre
Guardiola
Simeone
Emery
Setien
Conte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back