• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possible that Rui would improve here with a former GK as manager and a very respected GK coach.

Fair enough. I think the proof will be in his displays when we sign him, but for me it’s that he’s regurlaly listed in the top 20 keepers in the world, whilst John Ruddy (Who I think is a great guy and a decent keeper) has never been in one of those lists... he was also rated the 12th best footballer in Europe just a couple of years ago, above the likes of Pogba and Zlatan.

£18m doesn’t seem a massive fee for a 30 year old established international goalkeeper these days either - especially if Butland and Pickford go for £30m...

Not sure we were ever seriously interested, but Ivan Marcano (Porto CB) has signed for Roma on a free.

What did we pay for Neves? As the fee is €18m the exchange rate would put the fee for Patricio at around £15.5m

Might have been the same actually. Around £15m anyway

From what I have heard & read - though that may well be nowhere near sufficient to judge accurately, just for what would be (as of now) our highest transfer fee if we pay £18M then would want him to be seriously better than what we have already & I have not seen any indication that he is

Seriously????

Established international keeper for a side that won the Euros two years ago. Ballon D'or Nominee.

Christ on a bike, he is in a different stratosphere to Ruddy.

From what I have heard & read - though that may well be nowhere near sufficient to judge accurately, just for what would be (as of now) our highest transfer fee if we pay £18M then would want him to be seriously better than what we have already & I have not seen any indication that he is

I previously posted some figures for goalies from Transfermarkt.com which I felt were useful for comparative purposes.

'Ruddy 3m
Patricio 16m
Butland 22m
Joe Hart 10m'

They obviously think that Patricio is by far better than Ruddy, on paper anyway.

So who would be acceptable?

Seriously????

Established international keeper for a side that won the Euros two years ago. Ballon D'or Nominee.

Christ on a bike, he is in a different stratosphere to Ruddy.

As said - I may not have enough info to judge properly

If Nuno wants him & we are prepared to pay £18M then that's fine - they are paid to know a lot more than me

It's €18m, works out to about £15.5m as Kenny said. Absolute fucking bargain, the fact he even had a medical here gives me wood.

Sky reckon Huddersfield want Andre Silva. Well, you're not going to get him if we want him.

What if they offer £30m + VLP though?

No-one would be foolish enough to let the assist king go, it'd be like United offering PSV £20m + Beckham for van Nistelrooy back in the day.

Yeah, but according to Big Timmy Spiers, we’ve not even enquired about him.

He also said the Afobe deal wasn't done, despite reports.....20 hours later and Afobe signing was revealed. So....

Do we really want Andre Silva, though? Like, really?

I just don't get the hype.

And had only scored 2 league goals but was still getting bandied about for £30m? No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back