• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that, but is it really worth all the fucking about and reputation damage for a million-or-so quid? To most of the outside world we look dodgy enough as it is

I don't care, I don't want him anyway.

What reputation damage? Clubs do this all the time. We re-signed George Saville last summer and sold him three weeks later.

Sporting just announced that they took legal action on Benfica for approaching Patricio. A formal complaint was also sent to FIFA.

It's ridiculous. He is a free player

He won't go to Benfica surely. Staying in Lisbon would be suicide after this mess.

Benfica just replied saying it's not true and that legal action will be taken against Sporting.

This Afobe thing is strange as but if true I'd say sell him for a quick profit.

This is going to end up as the weirdest transfer window ever.

I don't think we'd do that as it'd be a kick in the teeth to the player. And less than £5m isn't going to make any real difference to us so why bother?

I don't think we'd do that as it'd be a kick in the teeth to the player. And less than £5m isn't going to make any real difference to us so why bother?

What if he is complicit in the deal? Told he has little chance of nailing a spot in our starting line up but sign, pocket a signing on fee then sign for Stoke and pocket another fee and have far more chance of regular football

Boly effectively on a free for this season makes sense.

Of course it would. £5m is £96k a week. Split that between two actual PL quality strikers and thank you very much, there's a strikeforce paid for out of doing nothing.

The Sporting press release about taking Benfica to court also had this in it : - We reaffirm what we have already said: if the transfer of Rui Patrício is proposed to us today, under the exact conditions in which we accepted it (18 million euros paid in 24 months, with a possible future surplus of 15 percent with the variables and with similar interest conditions at the level of anticipation of the collection of money), the deal will be closed, but we will never give in to blackmail.

Seems they are taking Benfica to court over other players rather than Patricio from they way it reads imo.

If there is any truth in Afobe leaving, wonder if we did actually commit to buy him at the time of the loan - would be surprised if we chose to buy him, and then ship on for a few beans.

I'm pretty sure we didn't, otherwise it would have been widely publicised at the time and his signing would have been announced earlier. I still don't believe it, but I posted a long list of why I wouldn't have signed him, so if we can flip him for a meaningful profit then I would.

The Sporting press release about taking Benfica to court also had this in it : - We reaffirm what we have already said: if the transfer of Rui Patrício is proposed to us today, under the exact conditions in which we accepted it (18 million euros paid in 24 months, with a possible future surplus of 15 percent with the variables and with similar interest conditions at the level of anticipation of the collection of money), the deal will be closed, but we will never give in to blackmail.

Seems they are taking Benfica to court over other players rather than Patricio from they way it reads imo.

Given what BdC has been like so far his word and promises are worth nothing.

Why wouldn't we do it for, say, £200k? It's not Monopoly money.

The simple fact is that if the contract is approved rescinded after the appropriate cooling off period (which seems to be 7 days under Portuguese law) then the player is ours and this lunatic gets nothing. Hold our position and wait for him to crack, while possibly mentioning that Bruno Fernandes could be in the same boat. And Bas Dost.

Why wouldn't we do it for, say, £200k? It's not Monopoly money.

Agent fees, signing on fees.

£200k doesn't make a huge difference to our position re Premier League wage budget rules. £5m is a £100k a week player extra.

Agent fees, signing on fees.

£200k doesn't make a huge difference to our position re Premier League wage budget rules. £5m is a £100k a week player extra.

Plus it makes us look like double hard bastards when it comes to negotiations and future transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back