• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 2015/16

Not just Graham but Eusebio too, KJ admitted the back end of last season he was close and he appears to have vanished without trace unless there is an injury or something I have missed?

Eusebio was close at the back end of 13/14 in L1. He hasn't been in serious contention for a while now, he hasn't pushed on.

Where do we go from here then?

We need to build towards next season and try and ship out some of the dross on the fringes of the squad.

We might as well use the rest of this season to at least see if Wallace, Saville and Byrne etc can do a job at this level as we're destined for mid-table mediocrity.

Boilesen sounds like a good start, but we still need to add a centre half and I'd also like a new CM as I'm not convinced by any of ours at the moment. A new striker is evidently needed too with Bjorn coming back from a long lay-off and ALF seemingly not in contention.

Id like to see Wallace given a run behind a decent forward but KJ wants 'power' there. Zyro looks marked out for that role anyway. But a trio of Wallace, Byrne and Zyro would have potential behind a new forward.

We definitely need a centre back - but not sure if I think it should be Williamson. For the short term he'd be a very good signing but he's only ever going to get us to a certain point. I'd like is to bid for Tarkowski (too rich for us sadly).

Korey Smith has performed well in a poor Bristol City team, he was another player I liked the look of at Oldham under Lee Johmson a couple of years ago.

Where do we go from here then?

We need to build towards next season and try and ship out some of the dross on the fringes of the squad.

We might as well use the rest of this season to at least see if Wallace, Saville and Byrne etc can do a job at this level as we're destined for mid-table mediocrity.

Boilesen sounds like a good start, but we still need to add a centre half and I'd also like a new CM as I'm not convinced by any of ours at the moment. A new striker is evidently needed too with Bjorn coming back from a long lay-off and ALF seemingly not in contention.
Said at the end of last season that I'd like to upgrade McDonald. However can't accept that re Jack Price. Annoys me the best CM at the club can't get a 1st team place. Future captain material.

Said at the end of last season that I'd like to upgrade McDonald. However can't accept that re Jack Price. Annoys me the best CM at the club can't get a 1st team place. Future captain material.

Do you think it's his size? With all this POWER and physique that KJ is barking on about as if he's channelling his inner-Clarkson it's the only reason Price wouldn't be getting in this team over Coady.

Jackett does have this obsession with power and breeding a team of 6ft plus players who can run all day. It's like a return to the '80's. Price should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Honestly I've no idea what it is. It probably is the power thing.
I've sometimes watched Jack to the exclusion of the rest of the game. His organisational skills and communication is phenomenal. He does not shut up, encouraging, cajoling, directing and so on. If he doesn't go on to be an exceptional captain, he's a potential manager.

He'd offer something to our back 4 currently. If you watch him during a game, he never stops gesturing, and speaking with team mates. Even when the rest of the team are celebrating a goal, he's organising others.

In addition to that, he's clearly trying to develop his game. A lot more forward/attacking/incisive passes have been made by Price this season (when he's played).

I don't think he is THAT good, tbh. A lot of raving about him by the fanbase but I struggle to see why. Always rated Lee Evans much more highly personally.

I don't think he is THAT good, tbh. A lot of raving about him by the fanbase but I struggle to see why. Always rated Lee Evans much more highly personally.

I'd like to have seen Price and Evans play together more, especially as KMac is really struggling at the moment. But that would mean we play actual football instead of morphing into low-grade Pulis-ball

Like most of our 'defensive' midfielders I don't think he offers enough defensively. We all know what he's good at and I'd have him in the team for his passing & speed of thought alone but I've seen way too many average Championship midfielders completely run a game against him to truly trust him there on his own or next to a flake like McDonald.

They are different players though Paddy. Price can be that link in front of the defence that picks up a short pass from the centre backs and starts the forward motion...Evans is the player who would then pick up the ball and link with the attackers. Both have a place in the team but Jackett seems to play others instead

A three of Price, Coady and Evans would do for me...Coady the stopper, Price the link man and Evans to get forward

The manager is clearly not sold on McDonald and Price as a two, the better teams have played through us when we've gone with that set up, both last season and this. Price looks better when he's out of the team and I say that as a fan of him (he isn't as good as some people make out, mind). Edwards cannot play there and Conor Coady is shite.

The manager is clearly not sold on McDonald and Price as a two, the better teams have played through us when we've gone with that set up, both last season and this. Price looks better when he's out of the team and I say that as a fan of him (he isn't as good as some people make out, mind). Edwards cannot play there and Conor Coady is $#@!e.

Mac and Price are good passers who can move the ball quickly through the channels which I also thought would benefit players like ALF. Defending is a team game but you have to look at the back four first and foremost. By playing a holding midfielder in front of two capable central defenders with the right fullbacks who can get forward we may progress. I'm still in the recruit for the defence as a priority camp. Mac and Price are integral for me.

Mac and Price are good passers who can move the ball quickly through the channels which I also thought would benefit players like ALF. Defending is a team game but you have to look at the back four first and foremost. By playing a holding midfielder in front of two capable central defenders with the right fullbacks who can get forward we may progress. I'm still in the recruit for the defence as a priority camp. Mac and Price are integral for me.

Unfortunately that's about it, neither offer a great deal defensively, they don't cover a great deal of ground to support attacks and their attacking prowess is frankly embarrassing, you can't build a team around such limitations, it leaves too much for everyone else to do and you become very predictable, very quickly as your foundation is so one dimensional.

Same here Jack is a nice & tidy player who sprays the ball about well but I don't think he is outstanding in area. I like Evans he does have a bit of something he likes to take responsibility he has a bit of arrogance about him I would like to have seen him given a go in the 2nd half of the season.

I think Price would look a more rounded player alongside a player who is better defensively than MacDonald. The latter is shocking at tracking opponents who break forward and that leaves Price having to cover restricting his opportunities to get forward. I’d like to see Price and Coady together, and as said above the time has come to try Wallace or Evans in place of Edwards.

Back