• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 2015/16

I'd rather have Price alongside Coady than a 70% (being generous) fit McDonald. In the long term it might be alright in the tougher away games but not really as a permanent strategy for many of our games at Molineux in this league.

Still think Saville has been a bit unlucky, got hardly any game time, certainly not enough to build a rapport with his team mates, plus the few games he did play we were awfull with the rest of the team little or no better than him, so hope to see him come good, if he doesn't show well this season or KJ decides he's not up to it then we should move him on. I also feel a bit sorry for Price, he finished last season wuite strongly but doesn't seem to be in KJ's plans at the moment.

From what I'm hearing McDonald's place may come under threat very soon. I think Edwards is likely to move inside for now but KJ still has high hopes for Saville to play alongside a strong player like Coady.

To be honest, even I didn't expect McDonald not to be in the 18 this early on in the season!

To be honest, even I didn't expect McDonald not to be in the 18 this early on in the season!

Saville preferred to Price & McDonald was a really interesting decision. He's clearly going to play a big part this season and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Price had a knock apparently.

Saville so far has looked like Edwards but without the constant energy or attacking threat. Just a nothing player. I've already written him off personally.

The squad is too young for a concerted promotion push. We need some experience at centre half (not Baath)

Technically Afobe is a better footballer than Dicko, but I think we will miss the loss of Nouha far more than any other player in the squad. Without a loan or two soon I think this could be a very difficult season for us, and would not rule out a relegation fight if we don't start picking up points soon.

Technically Afobe is a better footballer than Dicko, but I think we will miss the loss of Nouha far more than any other player in the squad. Without a loan or two soon I think this could be a very difficult season for us, and would not rule out a relegation fight if we don't start picking up points soon.

Jesus we're not that bad!!!

no we're not that bad, but a continuation of poor performances with lack of confidence will find us towards the bottom 3. It then becomes so much harder mentally to pick up and get away.

We're not going to be in a relegation fight. My worry right now is that we're going to be in the same mad scramble for 6th spot that we were in last season.

We're not going to be in a relegation fight. My worry right now is that we're going to be in the same mad scramble for 6th spot that we were in last season.

Shouldn't that be more of a hope than a worry at this point, given the start Wolves have had?

The table doesn't lie, and as we're the only team down the bottom not playing mid week - it's not going to look pretty going into Saturdays match against the divisions form team and current league leaders.

I think Paddy has sighted an oft used quote somewhere which says that you can't win the league in August but you sure as hell can lose it. That applies here and if we are still at roughly 1pt per game after 11 games (roughly a 1/4 of the season) then I would say the top six is pure hope more than a scramble. I think we'll be mid-table mediocrity this season.

I have faith in Kenny to turn things around. Maybe not as dramatically as he did last season as he doesn't have the same quality of player at his disposal but we'll definitely improve. When things don't work he'll give them a short chance but isn't afraid to change it up.

I also think you're overestimating the quality in this division. We've got two top strikers, that should see us in contention for play offs at least.

I'm not so sure I do anymore Lycan (faith in KJ). He definitely deserves to try to turn it around and I hope his interview post game was just for the young lads confidence rather than his actual view of the game. Because if he does think we played well then he's lost it already.

I liked Garry Monk's interview after Swansea lost when he just said they weren't good enough and didn't play very well. Pretty honest stuff and a million miles away from the stuff KJ came out with.

I'm not so sure I do anymore Lycan (faith in KJ). He definitely deserves to try to turn it around and I hope his interview post game was just for the young lads confidence rather than his actual view of the game. Because if he does think we played well then he's lost it already.

I liked Garry Monk's interview after Swansea lost when he just said they weren't good enough and didn't play very well. Pretty honest stuff and a million miles away from the stuff KJ came out with.

When has KJ ever been any different? I've no doubts that what KJ says to the media and what KJ says in the dressing room are two very different things. He always comes across as respectful and calm in front of the cameras.

It was pretty bizarre. We did create chances but it was through hoofball and luck, not through our own good play. I said it during the game, the only way we looked like scoring was going to be a Bolton mistake or a set play. Probably the first time I've disagreed with his assessment of a game since he started though so I'll let him off with that one.

I tend to agree with you Langers on KJ's thoughts to the camera being the opposite of what happens, however as Lycan says he just sounds stupid rather than knowingly obstinate.

To reiterate, I hope he turns this round as I can't help feeling he's trying to do his best with the players he has but the recruitment has been that bad he himself isn't convinced.

I tend to agree with you Langers on KJ's thoughts to the camera being the opposite of what happens, however as Lycan says he just sounds stupid rather than knowingly obstinate.

To reiterate, I hope he turns this round as I can't help feeling he's trying to do his best with the players he has but the recruitment has been that bad he himself isn't convinced.

I'm very torn on this.
I agree very strongly that I'm sick of KJ saying one thing & doing another. It's one thing to play cards close to your chest, another to toe the party line. It is yet another to deliberately and blatantly contradict yourself on a regular basis. I think it's a one trick pony & whilst effective in the early days, as a tactic now needs binning off. Long term it undermines KJ, but also makes the club look piss poor. It is starting to wind me up.

I've had chats with DW, darlo & others before about how KJ has turned things round before (last Nov, the rut in League 1). My concern is two-fold:
a) the rut lasts too long
b) some of the ruts we get into are preventable

Overall, yes I believe he can turn it round. That said, similar to the criticism he's had for a lack of plan b, and also late substitutions, I worry that KJ appears to take a bit too long to sort these things out. I think KJ needs to be more pro-active, both during games, and also with the long term view (though if this is the thinking behind the sale of stearman, overall I do personally support him on this).

The dropping of McDonald is significant imo. KJ is laying down a bit of law here. In fairness to KJ too, if Price had a knock, who else could he have put in the role other than Edwards? Saville coming in from the fringes of the 18 to starting would have raised eyebrows. Be interesting to see how this develops.

On the formation, KJ must have some serious faith in his new system to persist this long I suspect. Not sure he has the players to operate in it personally, and when the previous style suited us so well it raises valid questions regarding the change.

I'm still wondering what Graham has to do for an opportunity. Played well again the other day by all accounts I've heard.

Back