• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

You’ve probably explained this before so I apologise, how come St Pauli is your second team?

I lived in Hamburg and went to watch them loads, it's that simple :D

NYRB 5-2 CLT

Our playoff debut ends with a spectacular thud.

2-1 home win over Karlsruhe for St Pauli. Still unbeaten, still top.

League record in 2023 is P28 W19 D7 L2.

Averaging over 2 points a game is seriously impressive. I note that Hertha appear to have dragged themselves out of their malaise a bit lately, but Schalke are bang in trouble.

Averaging over 2 points a game is seriously impressive. I note that Hertha appear to have dragged themselves out of their malaise a bit lately, but Schalke are bang in trouble.
That division is weird, apart from St Pauli everybody is beating each other. Hertha have been banged to shit in half there games but are still in range of 3rd and 4th.

Always the same. It gets like a proper concertina, year after year. You can be sat in 6th in March and not safe from going down.

St Pauli were 15th at the winter break last season and finished 5th.

On his way..

7706746-0-image-a-2_1545404914885.jpg

I'm honestly shocked. I thought if he was going to go, it would be before we announced the contract options and free agents and whatnot. I assumed he'd have a hand in those decisions.

Power move by SD Zoran Krneta, who likely needs the next guy to click fast, or he'll be out of a job, too.

Union Berlin losing away at Napoli (no shame in that). This run though:

Leipzig (H) L 0-3
Wolfsburg (A) L 1-2
Real Madrid (A) L 0-1
Hoffenheim (H) L 0-2
Heidenheim (A) L 0-1
Braga (H) L 2-3
Dortmund (A) L 2-4
Stuttgart (H) L 0-3
Napoli (H) L 0-1
Bremen (A) L 0-2
Stuttgart (A) L 0-1
Frankfurt (H) L 0-3

Ouch.

Union Berlin losing away at Napoli (no shame in that). This run though:

Leipzig (H) L 0-3
Wolfsburg (A) L 1-2
Real Madrid (A) L 0-1
Hoffenheim (H) L 0-2
Heidenheim (A) L 0-1
Braga (H) L 2-3
Dortmund (A) L 2-4
Stuttgart (H) L 0-3
Napoli (H) L 0-1
Bremen (A) L 0-2
Stuttgart (A) L 0-1
Frankfurt (H) L 0-3

Ouch.
Managed to get a draw at Napoli.

St Pauli still unbeaten at the top of 2.Bundesliga (though it's not exactly a commanding lead, only 6 points clear of the scrum of clubs all on 21 points from 5th-9th).

Union Berlin have sacked Urs Fischer after a 4-0 defeat at Leverkusen left them bottom of the top flight.

No real beef with the Guardian, but they need to stay in their lane on this one.

To be fair to the author, no, the neutrals really didn't need to see more of Charlotte FC.

I did think it was a bit silly that Charlotte could finish 9th in a 15 team division and still make the playoffs. Alan seemed so buzzed about the qualification that I didn’t want to belittle his teams achievement by mentioning it earlier!

I did think it was a bit silly that Charlotte could finish 9th in a 15 team division and still make the playoffs. Alan seemed so buzzed about the qualification that I didn’t want to belittle his teams achievement by mentioning it earlier!
I knew what we were. 😂

It was a first for the club so still a moment of history. And we got our reward by getting completely smoked.

Back