• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

What have Schalke done? Not looked into it but a former colleague in Germany was a season ticket holder there and used to claim that they were a club for the workers of the area competing against the heavier spending Dortmund.
Imagine Villa but dial up the whinging/entitlement and take away the one redeeming quality of them also hating Blues.

The 'We're the workers club fighting against the tyrannical Borrusia' thing is exactly why everyone hates Schalke.

Imagine Villa but dial up the whinging/entitlement and take away the one redeeming quality of them also hating Blues.

The 'We're the workers club fighting against the tyrannical Borrusia' thing is exactly why everyone hates Schalke.
So they’re über-condescending?

Sounds like a perfect fit for me! 🤣

Union Berlin would be a good fit, their story is absolutely incredible. Their fans literally built the stadium and bled for the club, organising blood drives to raise money to keep the club alive and they're now in the Champions League.
Plus, their stadium is in a forest. Which is awesome.

Plus, their stadium is in a forest. Which is awesome.
Massively stretching a point to call it a forest. Like a bloke with an apple tree in his garden saying he's got an orchard.

Union1.png

We did play them in the 90s.

union-berlin-wolves-copy1.jpg

Church softball league (a major Southern American pasttime) vibes off of that photo, mostly from the dudes in the foreground just kind of mulling around. Looks lovely.

Last time I was at Huddersfield one of our group was so pissed that he fell asleep in a bush on the way to the ground.

St Pauli smash 1 FC Nurnberg 5-1 to go 2 points clear at the top of 2.Bundesliga

Somehow, some way, we are still alive in playoff race! Now back-to-back meetings with Messi that we need to sweep.

Ex-wolf Leo Campana is apparently being shopped around by Miami; Charlotte one of the potential destinations as we're expecting to sell one or both of Karol Swiderski/Enzo Copetti.

I'd be thrilled with that; he's made of glass but he's a really good footballer for this level.

Anyone would think there was a by-election coming up. Rish! wont even remember where Tamworth is after.

Pride of Staffordshire my arse

Tamworth’s is the only ground I’ve ever fallen asleep in.

Was on a stag weekend with some Cambridge lads and got mullered the night before. Was hot and sticky and the sun gets right in the eyes of the away fans behind the goal. The game was a dreary 0-0. Think I made it to about 60 mins.

Very friendly club though and a cracking little supporters bar if I recall correctly.

Kier Starmer holding press interviews at Tamworth FC with Labour supporters in the stand behind him. I suppose I can forgive them now.

2-2 at Paderborn for St Pauli this afternoon. Still unbeaten and top of the league.

Back