• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to World Cup 2026 and UEFA Nations League

The moment Klopp took something else and Pep indicated he wasn't interested just at the moment it was absolutely the best appointment the FA could make.

In international football Tuchel will look like a managerial giant in a field of pygmies. If he pisses the press off, more the fucking better. He will probably win shit. The player pool for England at the moment is pretty excellent, and the last couple of matches have shown Carsley clearly didn't know how to get the best out of them. I fully expect Tuchel to do that immediately.

Carsley will remain in charge for the 2 games in November

Why, what's the point? I can only assume he has a very specific World Cup contract

Why, what's the point? I can only assume he has a very specific World Cup contract
Might also be a compensation issue maybe?

Still technically employed by Bayern and may have a period where a new job = compensation needing to be paid.

Interesting that Tuchel signed his contract last Tuesday, so Carsley will have known he wasn't getting the job when he picked that rogue formation against Greece, which seems even stranger now.
I can't imagine he picked a team he didn't care about.

I can't imagine he picked a team he didn't care about.
No, I'm not suggesting sabotage, just that at the time I thought it was an attempt to prove he could get so many attacking players on the pitch and get a tune out of them. A job interview which backfired, when that now wasn't the case. He's tainted his reputation unnecessarily.

Hasn't he gone back to the Under-21s for January with (presumably) the FA's and Tuchel's blessing?

So I guess it hasn't done him too much immediate damage, especially as he has shown no sign of wanting a big club job?

What will be interesting is how he lines up England in the matches between now and Tuchel's arrival. I suspect there will be plenty of Tuchel influence. Might even see 3 at the back!

Back