• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to World Cup 2026 and UEFA Nations League

Still looks all very chaotic and disorganised at the back.

2-0. Blunder by Kelleher trying to play out from the back. Pickfordesque.
91st minute.
Shame he had a good game and Ireland were the better side after going 1-0 down just after half time

Second goal is damaging for England too need to win in Greece and beat Ireland and bridge the GD.

Can't understand why a goalkeeper thinks he can play football in the 92nd minute when there's a minute to go and you're 1-0 down.

A great performance and 4-1 victory for Italy over Israel tonight, notable for the debut of the 3rd generation Maldini - Daniele, son of Paolo who came on as second half sub with proud Papa watching from the stands

I think it'll end in tears. Terrible fit squad culture wise and xenophobically. First defeat and his nationality will be made an issue and christ knows what he'll think of 10 German bombers. On the positive front Kane likes him so should get some initial leeway

I think it'll end in tears. Terrible fit squad culture wise and xenophobically. First defeat and his nationality will be made an issue and christ knows what he'll think of 10 German bombers. On the positive front Kane likes him so should get some initial leeway
Why do you think he's a bad fit culture wise?

I always thought he was a good fit for young players.

He doesn't last very long anywhere due to his abrasive personality. Be interesting to see how this marries with the FA's penchant for bland yes men

Why do you think he's a bad fit culture wise?

I always thought he was a good fit for young players.
He has a history of falling out with dressing rooms and boards or at least a reputation for it. At International level I think that could be combustible, when you haven't got the credit in the bank a club manager has the time to earn with the players and too much time with the suits. Might all be bollocks.

Back