• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to World Cup 2026 and UEFA Nations League

When you see these England 'stars', who Wolves have to face every week it gives me a glimmer of hope. 😆

That’s an absolute shambles, I cannot fathom what he was trying to do.
Midfield was so wide open and left the defence hopelessly exposed.
Not playing with a recognised striker then finishing with 2 on the pitch defies logic.
1-2 flatters England, as some have said looked like watching Wolves defending.
It would be utter comedy if England fail to get promoted out of this group.
To add the FA were probably banking on him winning 5-6 games and winning the group so they could be in a good position to offer him the job.

Italy did a Brentford and scored after a minute against Belgium in Rome then Retegui added a second in what was looking a comfortable cruise until Pellegrini was sent off about 5 minutes before half time and Belgium scored from the resulting free kick.

A bit backs to the wall then and Trossard equalised with half an hour to go leasing to a nervy end where Italy had a penalty shout but VAR didn't send the ref to the screen.

A creditable 2-2 draw in the end all things considered

The wide players to provide crosses had gone off when the centre forwards came on too. Straight out of the GON coaching manual.
And nobody bothered to make a tackle or win a second ball, at any point.

I just don't get it.

By all accounts they only tried the system for 20 minutes yesterday according to Carsley.
That’s Sunday league stuff
Football can get in the bin currently I’m so use to losing I’ve forgotten what a win feels like.

By all accounts they only tried the system for 20 minutes yesterday according to Carsley.
That’s Sunday league stuff
Football can get in the bin currently I’m so use to losing I’ve forgotten what a win feels like.
I'm not sure how much of it was really that new, it's not as if Kane plays as a normal front man. Just bullshit excuses for bad selection and poor individual performances

One of the worst England 'formations' 'game plan' and performances I've ever seen. Not that there was any formation or game plan.

Sometimes, I long for the days of a 4-4-2. Goal keepers who came for crosses and had command of the 18 yard box, who gave the ball to players who could 'play' or kicked it long to centre midfield or centre forward.
Two centre halves, two full backs, two solid middle midfielders, two wide midfielders, who marked when they didn't have the ball, a centre forward and a Sheringham type off him.
It will come back one day 😄

Back