• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to World Cup 2026 and UEFA Nations League

Who cares? Gave up thinking England would win anything years ago.
That's me putting it up to him! 🤣

Tactically he is very good. In terms of personality, I don't really know. For Chelsea his record in big games is pretty good (even if they lost some finals) and he was a Neuer howler away from probably winning the Champions League last year. Strong track record. International football has a much lower bar for coaches and we've seen the significant impact a good coach can make.

If he wins something it's all worth it. Much better than the Potter/Howe/Carsley options.

Tactically he is very good. In terms of personality, I don't really know. For Chelsea his record in big games is pretty good (even if they lost some finals) and he was a Neuer howler away from probably winning the Champions League last year. Strong track record. International football has a much lower bar for coaches and we've seen the significant impact a good coach can make.

If he wins something it's all worth it. Much better than the Potter/Howe/Carsley options.
That I can't deny. To qualify what I said earlier I'm not against it. It has a short term higher ceiling and lower floor than the options you have highlighted. He could win us the World Cup whereas they probably couldn't, equally we could have a group of sulky players with their arse in their hands fairly early on.

Good news for Ronaldo that panto season is coming soon as he put in a world class audition tonight at Hampden.

He's a complete joke.

Of two minds on Tüchel. I think his man management would translate quite well to the international side, but the other side of the coin is that he's quite meticulous tactically IIRC, which is just never going to translate when the squad is constantly changing and rarely plays together. Shit, club managers, who get 40hrs/wk (or your local equivalent) with players, can't always make that happen.

Back