• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Damn My first trip to new Wembley on Friday to see we have 5 call off's is disappointing, we needed a full team to play both Germany and Brazil....

Will be interesting to see who he plays now me i'd play

-----------------Butland-----------------------
Walker-----Keane------Stones------Bertrand
-----------------Dier---------------------------

The rest FFS how shite are we and wtf is Southgate doing

shoehorn Abraham, Rashford, and Vardy, Loftus-Cheek, and Young into the rest of the position something like

----------Rashford--------------Loftus-Cheek--------------Young
--------------------------Vardy------------------------------------

Really disappointing for someone who's looking forward to this game.

Livermore is shocking, Young is shit,

It gets better. Jack Cork! Fucking hell, I'm quicker than him.

The worst England squad I've ever seen at this moment in time.

It's very, very close to some of the awful shite Taylor used to pick (though as I've said before, that was worse because he purposely ignored the likes of Waddle, Le Tissier and Beardsley who were available to him, Ince as well for quite a long time).

We're going to play Brazil and Germany with midfield options of Dier (who's arguably a CB in all honesty) Livermore, Cork and Loftus Cheek. I wouldn't have the last three in Wolves match day squad let alone on the international stage. Absolutely desperate.

It's very, very close to some of the awful shite Taylor used to pick (though as I've said before, that was worse because he purposely ignored the likes of Waddle, Le Tissier and Beardsley who were available to him, Ince as well for quite a long time).

And Bully... :icon_wink:

I think I'd put that pikey bastard Shelvey into that England squad. At least he has a bit of creativity about him.

Or even feck it, and call up Foden & Gibbs-White ��

Wilshere. 10 x the player of the ones Southgate is picking.

Wilshere. 10 x the player of the ones Southgate is picking.

I'm sure I'll get chastised for this but I think Wilshire is overrated - I see him as a kind of George Saville in that if he doesn't score he doesn't really contribute much - I'd still have him over Livermore though

Wilshere didn’t do particularly well for Bournemouth and I think that’s gone against him. I don’t think he’s as good as some but he’s miles better than Livermore and Cork.

Wilshere is the sort of player who will always look either exceptional or awful based on the team around him. Normally at international level that would work against a player (see: Lampard and Gerrard), but in this case sticking out a best XI from England actually includes players like Dier and Alli in midfield who will allow Wilshere to do what he does.

Stick Wilshere next to less skilled players and it falls apart; his biggest strength is the way he can close ground quickly whilst dribbling. If the other players in the team can't support him free-wheeling in and out of the team's shape, it goes to shit.

I should be looking forward to this , but somehow because of the team selection I'm not.

I would like to see Loftus-Cheek in the team

I got offered tickets to the game (I can't make it from uni in time) but even if I could I'd have serious doubts. I went to the Malta game at Wembley and it wasn't much fun. Terrible atmosphere too.

I got offered tickets to the game (I can't make it from uni in time) but even if I could I'd have serious doubts. I went to the Malta game at Wembley and it wasn't much fun. Terrible atmosphere too.

Wembley never has a good atmosphere, the better atmosphere is away with England... Planning to do every qualifier for euro's.......
Is anyone on here actually going to Wembley ?

plenty of pretty shit squad selctions by a shit manager #underwhelmed.

Cant care less about England and friendlies are just a waste of everyones time. 6 players who are "injured" may have had a lucky escape lol. (How do you think Ryan Giggs played for 25 years?) And before some sensitive soul starts bleating lets see how many of these injuries are all healed up and better to enable them to be playing next game. The majority, the cynic in me says. Let's hope for 2, 4-3 matches to warm the crowd even if it means fuck all. We could beat Germany 5-0 this week and we will still lose when it matters #thewayitis

giphy.gif

Can't believe how apathetic I've become about watching England. Germany and Brazil should be the highlights of the year and I really can't be arsed to watch either of them live. This side under Southgate just bores me to tears.

I didn't even bother watching the last few qualifiers. I have less than zero interest in these friendlies.

In fairness on the injury front Henderson and Alli missed their last game for their clubs and Winks and Kane were both subbed off injured in theirs

Back