• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

And yet he hasn't really been using Stones all that much. Also Cahill is fucking rancid on the ball, why is he in?

Because he makes it up as he goes along. Called Keane who has been awful this season up today.

Rejoice everyone, for Jake Livermore who can neither pass, run, tackle nor shoot has now been called up.

He's actually worse than Carlton Palmer was. Carlton was like a proto-Fellaini, nuisance value just because of how awkward he was if nothing else. Livermore is fucking shite at everything. Such a poor footballer.

In great form as well, Gareth. Glad to see that's a philosophy that you're sticking to. He looks bad in a really bad Albion team.

Carlton Palmer was quality for me in CM0102, I won't have a bad word spoken of him!

Livermore being selected again is just fucking bizarre.

Rejoice everyone, for Jake Livermore who can neither pass, run, tackle nor shoot has now been called up.

He's actually worse than Carlton Palmer was. Carlton was like a proto-Fellaini, nuisance value just because of how awkward he was if nothing else. Livermore is $#@!ing $#@!e at everything. Such a poor footballer.

In great form as well, Gareth. Glad to see that's a philosophy that you're sticking to. He looks bad in a really bad Albion team.

Either highlights how bad England are or in reality just shows how much of a complete buffoon Southgate is.
How hard is it to scout properly?

Southgate is bloody clueless

England aren't Brazil 70 but you could cobble together a decent team based around Spurs and Man City.

Either highlights how bad England are or in reality just shows how much of a complete buffoon Southgate is.
How hard is it to scout properly?

He's shite. No Wilshere, Davies or even Cleverly but he calls up Livermore a player so shit he wouldn't get in half of the Championship sides.

Butland
Walker - Stones - Smalling - Baines
Dier - Wilshere
Sterling - Alli - Rashford
Kane​

It's not rocket science, honestly. Left wing is the only spot that really makes you stop and think about the best option as there really isn't a round peg for that round hole in England.

But the rest? They kind of pick themselves. At least in my view. Put Lallana in for Wilshere when fit, have a good fight about whether Gary Cahill should be involved, and maybe chuck Michael Keane back in there when he remembers what marking is.

I've no idea how Southgate arrives at some of the selections he does.

Gareth Barry is also playing every game for Albion and I don't care if he's 36, he's still miles better than Jake Livermore. He isn't going to massively decline between now and June so you may as well pick him and we'd be better off.

Butland
Walker - Stones - Smalling - Baines
Dier - Wilshere
Sterling - Alli - Rashford
Kane​

It's not rocket science, honestly. Left wing is the only spot that really makes you stop and think about the best option as there really isn't a round peg for that round hole in England.

But the rest? They kind of pick themselves. At least in my view. Put Lallana in for Wilshere when fit, have a good fight about whether Gary Cahill should be involved, and maybe chuck Michael Keane back in there when he remembers what marking is.

I've no idea how Southgate arrives at some of the selections he does.

That's not a bad team at all Alan, although Baines is totally done (not actually played for us since 2014) and Bertrand is probably the best we have.

Have that lot playing with a bit of freedom and it's a last eight team, which is about our level.

That's not a bad team at all Alan, although Baines is totally done (not actually played for us since 2014) and Bertrand is probably the best we have.

Have that lot playing with a bit of freedom and it's a last eight team, which is about our level.

Ironically I made it Baines because I knew putting Ashley Young there would really rile you. :icon_wink:

Personally I think Bertrand could do a job as an international left back, albeit not a spectacular one.

Danny Rose is about as nailed on as possible, so long as he's fit.

Rose or Bertrand are both very good options..agree re Livermore vs Barry..Barry is actually a much better footballer..i like Maguire as a player but everton have been abysmal at the back this season so dont know what southgate is doing, with Keane also in.

Rose for Baines and Jones for Smalling and that would pretty much be my side. Dier holding would allow Wilshere and Alli to play with more freedom too. Or even Winks if Wilshere still isn't getting league action in a few months time.

And yet, we will still be stuck with Hart, Cahill, Henderson stinking the team out.

Hart is totally done (Pickford and Heaton are good but Heaton has that shoulder injury), Cahill is too much up and down..Henderson i dont mind that much but have been bad for england..(though much better player than Livermore)

Southgate is just not up to it at this level (he's barely up to it at Championship level tbh).

I know it's been discussed on the manager thread, but we have no chance of producing any decent English managers until we get passed the 'jobs for the boys' mentality. Our only hope for the near future is to get rid of the clueless Southgate and bring in a foreign manager. For the long term, I only hope that young, up and coming managers get given a chance in the top 2 divisions and that some of these can one day progress to being England manager.

Back