• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

I read Glasgo's post to the tune of the dambusters with Al Murray narrating.

Got to love a good Brexit voting mouth breather.

That weekend was fantastic

England Qualified (Played shite but who cares, one of the youngest teams at that level at the moment, can they improve yes, will they get out the group unlikely)
Scotland got knocked out in the final game, it's just a shame it was not a last minute goal that killed them
And then last night the Welsh got beat on their own pitch.

If Carling did weekends

All we need now, is Republic to draw Italy, and get humped.
Then Norther Ireland to win their play off

and all of a sudden it's a Carling World cup.
If Carlsberg did weekends for chip-on-their-shoulder xenophobes. Bet you jizzed yourself silly in June 2016.

Also, what did NI do to win the Glasgow seal of approval? It's because they sing GSTQ isn't it..

Ok I have stayed out of this but for fuck sake! The ABE thing is crass and sucks and is a bit of petty small minded thinking from Wales , Scotland and Irish supporters based on the fact that several centuries ago those nasty English bastards did some very nasty things to the indigineous population. Boo fucking hoo. Shit happened . Its called history. Its what got us here today. Its the lessons that were learnt and are still being learnt as we try to live harmoniously with many many other cultures in the UK. If we go an eye for an eye the whole world ends up blind. When do you stop apologising for the sins of your ancestors?

Now if you are saying that its just a bit of banter then thats fine, but you cant be hypocritical about it. Moaning about mouth breathing brexiters yet jumping on the ABE bus. Personally I would love to have the home internationsl back. I remember Wales stuffing England 4-1 and it was a humiliation. I remember England stuffing scotland 5-1 . That too was a humiliation and I remember Clemence letting Dalglish score through his legs. That , however , does not stop me hoping that they all do well against any other country, nor does it stop me having a giggle when they fuck it up.
Scotland fucked it up. Wales fucked it up. Ireland played a blinder. Moving on. Nothing to see here to offend sensitive souls.

I'm not ABE in football. Wales not qualifying is the norm anyway. I'll watch the world cup and hope to see some good football (I'll not be holding my breath). Couldn't give a toss about England either way.

I am largely ABE in rugby because (1) it's given and taken in good spirits and (2) English rugby fans are often a rather arrogant, condescending bunch (traits they tend to have learnt at their private schools) - largely brought on by being such a dominant force on the 1990s.

For a similar reason, I'm largely 'anyone but Man Utd' in football.

I'm not ABE in football. Wales not qualifying is the norm anyway. I'll watch the world cup and hope to see some good football (I'll not be holding my breath). Couldn't give a toss about England either way.

I am largely ABE in rugby because (1) it's given and taken in good spirits and (2) English rugby fans are often a rather arrogant, condescending bunch (traits they tend to have learnt at their private schools) - largely brought on by being such a dominant force on the 1990s.

For a similar reason, I'm largely 'anyone but Man Utd' in football.

So yours is " harmless bants". I can deal with that and am happy with that if my pissing myself that Scotland absolutely blew it both against England and against Slovenia and Wales choked big style doesnt at least raise a mild snigger , chortle snort

Ok I have stayed out of this but for $#@! sake! The ABE thing is crass and sucks and is a bit of petty small minded thinking from Wales , Scotland and Irish supporters

Do you hope rival teams like WBA, Villa, Birmingham and Bolton do well? Or is that somehow a different rivalry?

Personally, I don't mind if any of the Home International nations, plus Ireland do well. We share a lot in common.

However, the rest of us get how brilliant England are shoved down our throats constantly. The press want to talk all the time about how brilliant England are. We saw it on here, England played on Sunday, and lots of people said that they were terrible - and they were. But suddenly the same people come out with how England are brilliant a day later and how they shouldn't have to bother with playing so-called "lesser" nations. Sorry, but there is a huge culture of entitlement there - not everyone by a long stretch, and most people on here don't suffer from it thank goodness.

Glasgo's fishing is EXACTLY why some people will go ABE. And I haven't seen anyone at all "jumping on the bus"; just a few people explaining why others see it that way.

It's a bit circular really the ABE's fuel the Glasgow's, the Glasgow's fuel the ABE's.

Think it's fair to say that England started it all those centuries ago.

Mildly tongue in cheek but it's not right to say that historical stuff is divorced from nationalism today; the influences and effects are still quite real. That spills over to sport, and voila, the home nations hate England and England hates the home nations (generalizing, obviously).

No one has said England were fantastic, this whole qualification has been piss poor performance wise.
I have tickets for Wembley England v Germany, I am hoping for a far better performace however it's likely to be just as dour just as crap from England.
I love it how I am a racist or many other choice words from above however it's ok for Wales, Scotland etc to be ABE, but as soon as England your a racist.

It's the whole

Proud to be Irish
Proud to be Welsh
Proud to be Scottish

Proud to be English RACIST, it's fucking sickening.

I supported Wolves through the 80's when were really Shite Yes I was actually one of the guys at Chorley not one of the 100,000 that were there, but one who actually saw the fucking game that made my eyes bleed.

Just because Wolves were shit I did not stop going, and because England are shit will not stop me supporting them.
I am following England Home and Away through the next Qualifying campaign, probably still be watching the same old shite, but i'll be amongst the best fans in the world watching our country.
England support home and Away is second to none, they have the Highest average attendance in International football, and I for one am proud of the 3 lions and my country.

These days, if you say you're English, they arrest you and throw you in jail.

Think it's fair to say that England started it all those centuries ago.

That is offensive. Most English won't have had jack shit say in any foreign conquests / arguments or squables, they will have done exactly what the ruling elite forced them to do - none of us on here blame you for your president being a cockhead, so please don't blame us because our peasant ancestors were forced to join wars they knew crap all about.

No one has said England were fantastic, this whole qualification has been piss poor performance wise.
I have tickets for Wembley England v Germany, I am hoping for a far better performace however it's likely to be just as dour just as crap from England.
I love it how I am a racist or many other choice words from above however it's ok for Wales, Scotland etc to be ABE, but as soon as England your a racist.

It's the whole

Proud to be Irish
Proud to be Welsh
Proud to be Scottish

Proud to be English RACIST, it's fucking sickening.

I supported Wolves through the 80's when were really Shite Yes I was actually one of the guys at Chorley not one of the 100,000 that were there, but one who actually saw the fucking game that made my eyes bleed.

Just because Wolves were shit I did not stop going, and because England are shit will not stop me supporting them.
I am following England Home and Away through the next Qualifying campaign, probably still be watching the same old shite, but i'll be amongst the best fans in the world watching our country.
England support home and Away is second to none, they have the Highest average attendance in International football, and I for one am proud of the 3 lions and my country.
I called you a xenophobe because you were being xenophobic, not because you were being proud of being English.

I have seen you measure your support for England by how much you hate Scotland and Wales, I have seen you measure your support for Wolves by how much you hate the Albion and I have seen you measure your support for Britain by how much you wanted to 'smash the argies' during the Falklands ("the only time I've voted Tory").

God knows why you chose to live in Scotland- you're obviously a bit of a masochist. I guess one half of the city waves union flags and sings GSTQ, marching around in their orange sashes - bet that really gets the juices flowing for you.

That is offensive. Most English won't have had jack $#@! say in any foreign conquests / arguments or squables, they will have done exactly what the ruling elite forced them to do - none of us on here blame you for your president being a cockhead, so please don't blame us because our peasant ancestors were forced to join wars they knew crap all about.
Man living in a Confederacy State has a pop at us for our dodgy history, oh the irony...

That is offensive. Most English won't have had jack $#@! say in any foreign conquests / arguments or squables, they will have done exactly what the ruling elite forced them to do - none of us on here blame you for your president being a cockhead, so please don't blame us because our peasant ancestors were forced to join wars they knew crap all about.
That's not what I meant to imply, and that's why I followed it up by clearly stating it was tongue in cheek.

Man living in a Confederacy State has a pop at us for our dodgy history, oh the irony...
Clearly my point has fallen on deaf ears, as if I am some great defender of American Imperialism or Manifest Destiny.

I abhor both but it would be ignorant or stupid of me to say they don't still affect modern American society.

Clearly my point has fallen on deaf ears, as if I am some great defender of American Imperialism or Manifest Destiny.

I abhor both but it would be ignorant or stupid of me to say they don't still affect modern American society.

I was having a laugh Alan

Back