• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Nigeria win their group to become the first African side to qualify. Notably, that eliminates Algeria and AFCON holders Cameroon. Zambia is the other team in the group (who actually were in second place).

Incredibly, Ghana need a miracle to qualify now. Highly unexpected, especially given their group, but African qualifying is absolutely brutal and punishes any patches of bad form.

African International football is like The Championship. Any team can seemingly beat any other on a given day.

African International football is like The Championship. Any team can seemingly beat any other on a given day.

Amen..may be some money involved also..corruption

And about the same standard unfortunately. It will take a giant leap in quality four an African team to be world champions. That would be Leicester and then some. I like the ruthless qualification though.

I don't think there is anything to be gained by having so many minnows in international football playing in the groups.qualification should be between the top 150 teams in the world. The others plays in a minnows world cup to get a ticket to play the lowest ranked nation in the play offs for a place at the finals for real. That would still probably get stuffed but at least its some novelty factor and reward. Tiresome international matches against dross ,respectfully, like Malta, Andorra,San Marino, the Faroes, and 70% of concacaf and 50% of Afcon is just boring .

Don't get me started.

I know we've qualified but this is a new level of dull.

Just as I was thinking about putting Scotland on too. At least I had the darts on Thursday to change channels to.

Scotland score! Ower auld Leigh with it.

Griff is quality

What a volley from Griffiths. Lovely hit.

And Slovenia equalize.

The best thing about the England game is the Wolves banner behind the goal...

Or the worst. You'd have think having to watch Wolves over the past few years was bad enough (not this season so far obviously) without travelling all that way to watch this turgid shite. Either moneybags or real gluttons for punishment.

Back