• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Looks like Scottish football fans are resigned to a summer of Hamish Macbeth repeats again [emoji41]

Can't help but laugh at Scotland ability to self destruct don't have much sympathy compared to the shite they give us every two years.

Good news for Ireland, win tomorrow and automatically into play offs.

More turgid shit from Southgate’s England. Glad I had to go and change a light fitting during the last twenty minutes.

It could be the sort of game where whoever scores first, if it's early on, will sit back and end up eventually losing. Cant wait.

sorry jocks! Enjoy the summer! More to moan about here!
giphy.gif

Watched about 5 minutes the England game then watched Scotland. Strachsn got things horribly wrong today and they were very much 2nd best in the 2nd half.

just watch sweden play and you will be fine... :)

I watched the England game and keep asking myself why...!

i Have been so switched off England since the Iceland debacle. I really think it doesnt help having to play so many turgid teams. Its not a challenge. Get a qualifying group of England, Scotland, Wales , N Ireland and the Republic with only one going through and 1 in the play offs. That would be worth watching every game. Do the same in Europe Italy , France Switzerland Germany Denmark and Sweden. Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Croatia, Serbia.Slovakia, Poland Czech republic Hungary, Portugal,.Holland, Iceland, Norway,Belgium,Spain. Now all those matches would be worth more of a watch than malta, andorra, et al.

look at the fifa rankings. They may be shit but they do tell a bit of a story. Egypt the highest rated african side at 30. Only Mexico , USA Costa Rica and Haiti are in the top 50 from CAF. There are only 10 south american teams so 4 qualifying spots is a bit of a joke. Combine it with CAF. Sia the top team is Iran at 25 then Japan at 40 Austrailia 50 and PR China at 62. Oceana has New Zealand as top at 113. It really needs sorting out. Its all a bit of a joke. The only group worth watching is south america but that means nothing as half the clubs playing will qualify for the finals.

Looking at the european qualiofying groups if you took the current top 4 in each group then it looks an ok route with 1 team qualifying. Better standard of matches to be sure.

look at the fifa rankings. They may be $#@! but they do tell a bit of a story. Egypt the highest rated african side at 30. Only Mexico , USA Costa Rica and Haiti are in the top 50 from CAF. There are only 10 south american teams so 4 qualifying spots is a bit of a joke. Combine it with CAF. Sia the top team is Iran at 25 then Japan at 40 Austrailia 50 and PR China at 62. Oceana has New Zealand as top at 113. It really needs sorting out. Its all a bit of a joke. The only group worth watching is south america but that means nothing as half the clubs playing will qualify for the finals.

Looking at the european qualiofying groups if you took the current top 4 in each group then it looks an ok route with 1 team qualifying. Better standard of matches to be sure.

The real joke is thinking that for some reason you shouldn't have to go through qualifying to make it.

It's the World Cup. If you have an issue with representing the world, stick to the Euros and be happy with that.

I couldn't give less of a fuck if European qualifying is "unfair". You want to qualify? You've got to play well. End of. "Oh, boo hoo, Italy and Spain are in the same group!" Tough fucking shit. They would have to get past other nations of such quality at some point regardless. May as well do it now.

The real bore would be the same fucking European countries every four years because they're "better on paper". Get the fuck out of here with that drivel.

If you think the other regions are so weak, then you can go out and fucking beat them in the proper Finals without a worry, eh? So go prove it.

Fuck.

The real joke is thinking that for some reason you shouldn't have to go through qualifying to make it.

It's the World Cup. If you have an issue with representing the world, stick to the Euros and be happy with that.

True, the US do pretty much automatically qualify.

I couldn't give less of a $#@! if European qualifying is "unfair". You want to qualify? You've got to play well. End of. "Oh, boo hoo, Italy and Spain are in the same group!" Tough $#@!ing $#@!. They would have to get past other nations of such quality at some point regardless. May as well do it now.

The real bore would be the same $#@!ing European countries every four years because they're "better on paper". Get the $#@! out of here with that drivel.

If you think the other regions are so weak, then you can go out and $#@!ing beat them in the proper Finals without a worry, eh? So go prove it.

$#@!.

Right put the USA or Mexico in the European section and I'm almost certain they wouldn't qualify every single time.
Look at the levels Northern Ireland have had to reach and probably won't qualify.
Don't think for one moment cyber is suggesting just a Euro/South America event.
But it's hard to argue that Asia and Concacaf have so many slots when Europe and African qualifying is so brutal.
A lot of European nations do play well but end up dipping out in the play offs etc.

Oh and your last little comment show some respect to other posters.

Back