• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

What the actual fuck from Hoddle on Kane scoring "I said he didn't have his shooting boots on but he had his little toe boots on"

Thank fuck I have only just turned this on for the last 10 minutes.

Cue undeserved last minute winner from a scrappy set piece.

Duly delivered

Can't say I've really watched any of this apart from the goal - been on, but was in another room to avoid listening to Hoddle

Could have turned the sound off, but watching wasn't that more interesting

What the actual fuck from Hoddle on Kane scoring "I said he didn't have his shooting boots on but he had his little toe boots on"

It was worth turning the TV on just for that!

England's average home attendance in 2018 WC qualifying, inc tonight: 75,230. The best supported relentlessly mediocre team in world football.

Lucky? A spawny win will just encourage Southgate to continue with the turgid toss!

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Let's face it Southgate is making a lot of fifty million pound plus players look like Forest Green.

Decent goal, but it shouldn't have taken 93 minutes to work out that putting decent balls into the box for Kane to attack might be a good idea

Decent goal, but it shouldn't have taken 93 minutes to work out that putting decent balls into the box for Kane to attack might be a good idea

It's okay. I think sending Sterling and co back to the centre circle for pointless dabs of the ball back to the centre backs is the way to go. England are an epically boring outfit. And, with most of the personnel they have, they fucking shouldn't be

Walker, Stones, Dier, Sterling, Rashford and Kane are all good players in Champions League teams with Lallana and Alli to come back. It really shouldn't be hard to build a decent team around that. Southgate will make it look hard, nay impossible. Awful, awful, awful manager with awful football.

As I've said on Twitter I've not seen a less impressive 1-0 win since a John Paskin inspired victory over Plymouth in 1990.

But it wasn't a decent goal, it came out of a strange decision by their goalkeeper. They came for a draw, and then in injury time the goalkeeper rushes a clearance and made a right old mess of it.

Woohooo

After chunks of those 38 games England lost a fucking bucketload in about 4 successive tournaments,

But it wasn't a decent goal, it came out of a strange decision by their goalkeeper. They came for a draw, and then in injury time the goalkeeper rushes a clearance and made a right old mess of it.

They didn't come for the draw at all. They needed to win the game to get 2nd place. A draw sees them having to win against the Jocks (and a defeat still has them in the same position).

And they will continue to do so. Utter garbage. Overrated bunch

As I say we have 8-9 decent players who play for CL teams. Plus Cahill who is not decent but somehow does.

They are ok, they need to be directed properly. Let's say Nuno decided tomorrow that he fancied a year's sabbatical. You wouldn't find one Wolves fan who'd want Gareth Southgate. In the Championship.

As I say we have 8-9 decent players who play for CL teams. Plus Cahill who is not decent but somehow does.

They are ok, they need to be directed properly. Let's say Nuno decided tomorrow that he fancied a year's sabbatical. You wouldn't find one Wolves fan who'd want Gareth Southgate. In the Championship.

This is true. However we've had top managers in capello and eriksson and underachieved with them at finals, with 'better' players than we have available today.

Good ball in by Walker and a proper strikers finish from Kane. It wasn't like the Burton goalie for Saiss' goal

Back