• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Has anyone's pulse quickened during this game?

Yes, I was raging at Joe Hart for being a fucking moron when he fouled someone in the box and the ref inexplicably ignored it.

This is such a typical England performance. If a manager could get this lot playing as an actual team they could be amazing but instead there's no obvious pattern of play and a complete lack of dynamism. That's been England's problem since around 1996.

At least when I watch largely below average players play for Wales, there is a discernable game plan.

This is abominable. Spectacular only in the way it advertises Dulux drying

PaddyPower are doing a live stream of the World Paint Drying Championship on Facebook tonight, even has a commentary team

Commentator is probably still more interesting than hoddle.

England will still qualify. Our participation in even the play offs is still very much in the balance.

Saying that, it looks like England will stink the joint out, possibly to Euro 2000 levels

Honestly, I feel like the Wolves could give this England side a decent game given how poorly the team is organised.

Great chance for Rashford there but stupid choice of finish.

This is such a typical England performance. If a manager could get this lot playing as an actual team they could be amazing but instead there's no obvious pattern of play and a complete lack of dynamism. That's been England's problem since around 1996.

At least when I watch largely below average players play for Wales, there is a discernable game plan.

We were alright at points under all of Sven, Capello and Hodgson. Not in tournaments generally but we did play well at times (Woy's problem was ripping everything up on the eve of a tournament because reasons).

They all had some form of pedigree. Please tell me what Southgate has EVER shown, anywhere. He's got less on his CV than Bobby Gould did when he took over your boys.

We were alright at points under all of Sven, Capello and Hodgson. Not in tournaments generally but we did play well at times (Woy's problem was ripping everything up on the eve of a tournament because reasons).

They all had some form of pedigree. Please tell me what Southgate has EVER shown, anywhere. He's got less on his CV than Bobby Gould did when he took over your boys.

It is impossible to argue with that. Southgate is good at fucking up penalties, and advertising Pizza Hut. Bar that, you have a complete fucking pup in charge.

Yeah I guess it's the tournaments that stand out for me with England.

God knows what Southgate is doing there. He was out of his depth as a pundit, never mind as a head coach of a country the size of England. Panic appointment after the Allardyce debacle.

Were it not for Rosie-gate you just KNOW that candleface would have filled that void. So, in hindsight, this is like Rinus Michels compared to the alternative.

Not sure Harry Potter could turn these players into amazing - Cahill, Bertrand, Henderson, Sterling, The Ox - hardly great individual players.

The set up and shape of the team is ok imo. Just a general lack of effort, skill and brains by most of the personnel. Oxlade-Chamberlain may have well have sat down on the half way line for the effort he's put in.

Back