• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

I'd like Carroll in the squad for a game like this, get rid of Dier and play 2 up front, get crosses in.

We need someone with the guts (and ability) to take people on. Either that or just play some lump like Andy Carroll and keep wanging the balk in and let someone like Defoe to pick the scraps up.
This poncing about is a waste of time.
Wish theyd scored there.

Doesn't help that every time Alli gets the ball he over elaborates or just gives it away stupidly.

I'd like Carroll in the squad for a game like this, get rid of Dier and play 2 up front, get crosses in.

Should be an option. Should have been an option in the euros too.
Not pretty but sometimes necessary.

We need someone with the guts (and ability) to take people on. Either that or just play some lump like Andy Carroll and keep wanging the balk in and let someone like Defoe to pick the scraps up.
This poncing about is a waste of time.
Wish theyd scored there.

It's happening all over the place though, France scraped their victory against Luxembourg, who must be much worse than Lithuania, Switzerland barely beating Latvia. Teams are just better drilled now I think.
Why do you wish Lithuania scored? I doubt it'd change our approach at all!

It's happening all over the place though, France scraped their victory against Luxembourg, who must be much worse than Lithuania, Switzerland barely beating Latvia. Teams are just better drilled now I think.
Why do you wish Lithuania scored? I doubt it'd change our approach at all!

We need a reality check.
I want to see some effort and urgency.

I agree with that. There are no options to do this and the opposition know it so drop deep and ask England to play through them.

On another note, Giggs talking out of his arse by saying England should play long to erm.... Defoe. Bellend.

We need a reality check.
I want to see some effort and urgency.

Gerrit forward that's how they used to play and were successful eh? Or whatever bollocks you're talking at the moment...

Gerrit forward that's how they used to play and were successful eh? Or whatever bollocks you're talking at the moment...

No bollox. Called football. Ever played it? At any reasonable level?
Though not.

Though not.

How about you? When you're defending as a team of Lithuania's calbire, most of those CB's would take long balls punted forward at them all day long. Easy to drill on.
And it's not as if England's wingers have the crossing ability to be consistently dangerous that way.

How about you? When you're defending as a team of Lithuania's calbire, most of those CB's would take long balls punted forward at them all day long. Easy to drill on.
And it's not as if England's wingers have the crossing ability to be consistently dangerous that way.

Dont recall mentioning 'long balls'. Never was a long ball fan.

Dont recall mentioning 'long balls'. Never was a long ball fan.

Sorry, got mixed up about who was saying what, don't get me wrong, I like a target man as an option, but only in a last resort.
What would you suggest line-up/formation wise?

Though not.

Anybody with half a brain knows that playing the game has fuck all to do with reading the game or having any tactical awareness.

Never mind I'm sure Printing Press United were fucking ace.

Anybody with half a brain knows that playing the game has $#@! all to do with reading the game or having any tactical awareness.

Never mind I'm sure Printing Press United were $#@!ing ace.

Ive played and managed at a reasonable level ta.
Both football (and printing) :)
Get back on your xbox.

Back