• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

To be honest, it would be a major embarrassment not to win this game. And just think when the amount of teams in the World Cup finals is increased, there will be more and more games like this in the qualifying groups.
There won't, Europe is only 2/3 places more. Just means more second places teams will go through. There is an element of be careful of what you wish for on here. We get decent groups because we keep comfortably winning them, we have been lucky for the last few tournaments with the second and third seeds we draw.

He's not playing that often and when he is it's out wide. He needs to playing games and he needs to be playing upfront.

I completely agree, concerned he's going to end up a bit like Welbeck at Man United for the next few years

Lithuania aren't the worse side I've ever seen at Wembley just a bit lacking in the final third.

I actually thought the increased Euros wasn't as foul as I expected. If you increase the World Cup though you are going to get some absolute cack making it.

Brazil v Zaire 1974 was abominable, and there will be plenty more ties like that if the numbers are increased.

I actually thought the increased Euros wasn't as foul as I expected. If you increase the World Cup though you are going to get some absolute cack making it.

Brazil v Zaire 1974 was abominable, and there will be plenty more ties like that if the numbers are increased.

Absolutely based on current rankings the likes of curaçao would be qualifying.

I think Germany V Saudi Arabia in 2002 was the most one-sided world cup game i can recall. A lot of international teams have some very poor players, they are just better organised than they were in the past.

I think Germany V Saudi Arabia in 2002 was the most one-sided world cup game i can recall. A lot of international teams have some very poor players, they are just better organised than they were in the past.

I agree, even the poor international teams make you work to beat them.

Can't complain about the England performance, they've looked solid with a fair bit of invention going forward - albeit towards the end of the game

Defoe M.O.M.
Thought Keane myself.
Nobody has stood out particularly imo.

Hungary annihilated someone at Mexico 1986, I think. Was it El Salvador?

I'd have gone Keane. I thought we'd get a couple more goals towards the end due to Lithuania's defence concentration dropping a little. Sadly didn't manage it, can't really grumble at the win though, did the job that was needed I guess.

I think they really need to start a pre qualifying before these campaigns. The teams who are from pot 4, 5 and 6 should have 9 groups of 3 and the top team progresses to the main qualifying.

Would cut out a lot of the pointless games for bigger nations and would also allow the minnows to play more games at an equal level and therefore they can progress through the rankings better to get to that number 1 seed for the pre qualifying.
We have a similar system to this in CONCACAF and trust me when I say that it probably harms the minnows more than it helps them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We have a similar system to this in CONCACAF and trust me when I say that it probably harms the minnows more than it helps them.

Yeah but those teams are next level bad. And I've just looked up the format, and it appears it's straight KO which obviously wouldn't help.

Leigh griffiths, having hit the post and the bar, subbed following a knee to his back from slovenia's keeper. Good game could go either way.
The lad Tierney has been Scotland's best player.
Destined for good things, if he keeps a level head.
Northern Ireland beating Norway 2-0. Love it.

Yeah but those teams are next level bad. And I've just looked up the format, and it appears it's straight KO which obviously wouldn't help.
I think you'd be surprised how tough some of those matches can be, especially away. Don't think there's much to choose between the Caribbean nations and Euro minnows like Lithuania, Luxembourg, etc.

Trying to work out whether a win Scotland or a draw is better for England. Regardless they'll do there usual raise there game because it's England in June.

I think you'd be surprised how tough some of those matches can be, especially away. Don't think there's much to choose between the Caribbean nations and Euro minnows like Lithuania, Luxembourg, etc.

Should be the best 16 teams. Imo.
Europe and South America would suffice.

Trying to work out whether a win Scotland or a draw is better for England. Regardless they'll do there usual raise there game because it's England in June.
They are more or less out if they dont win tonight
We could afford a draw against them.
All for them to do when they play England.
that will suit us.

Back