• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

I'd be surprised if any player who's committed a poor tackle has ever meant to cause injury apart from Roy Keane on Alf Inge Haaland.
Bale tackle was awful to and he should be looking at a 3 game ban as opposed to the one game.
Plenty of bad tackles where you can see intent but I don't think last night was one of them.

Awful game, like 2 bad premier league sides. thought wales slightly better side upto the sending off and would have taken a point at half time.

If bale wasnt who he was then i think he would have got a red. Awful awful tackle by Taylor, hopefully Coleman can come back from this.

I know Chris Coleman has to stick up for his players but there is a way to it and he just came across as a right cunt last night.

Another Dutch Horror show losing 2-0 in Bulgaria looks like another tournament they won't qualify for, to be fair the quality in their squad compared to years gone by is pretty poor.

Another Dutch Horror show losing 2-0 in Bulgaria looks like another tournament they won't qualify for, to be fair the quality in their squad compared to years gone by is pretty poor.

It's odd, looking back on their squad from 2010 and it's not really that great a team:

Maarten Stekelenburg; Gregory van der Wiel, John Heitinga, Joris Mathijsen, Giovanni van Bronckhorst; Mark van Bommel, Nigel de Jong; Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder, Dirk Kuyt; Robin van Persie

That's the XI from the final in Johannesburg and you have to say there's some real gaps in quality.

I'd say that their issue at the moment, more than a lack of quality (they're not near the best in that category, to be clear), is poor management. Like, dreadfully poor. Outside of a few freak months under Bert van Marwijk and Louis van Gaal (neither of whom are really great managers), the coaching of that team has been unforgivably bad.

It's not really lacking in quality.

Having one of the best strikers, best wingers and best number 10s in the world is very handy. Back that up with a solid central midfield and a player in Kuyt who can contribute but also allow the others to play.

The defence is relatively weak but you have a solid midfield ahead of you and organisation can always make you better than the sum of your parts.

F@#! me this is the worst england line up ive ever seen. Worse than watching Arsenal. Southgate had his xbox out to pick this lot? Keane's been our best player so far. Unthinkable we dont put 5 past these.

I don't rate Sterling, I don't think he's got the technique to play at a high level. His shots have the power of a wet fart.

F@#! me this is the worst england line up ive ever seen. Worse than watching Arsenal. Southgate had his xbox out to pick this lot? Keane's been our best player so far. Unthinkable we dont put 5 past these.

Definitely not the worst line up I've seen. Nice balance for this sort of game I reckon.

Looks like same old England, slow and ponderous with a complete lack of urgency

I think they really need to start a pre qualifying before these campaigns. The teams who are from pot 4, 5 and 6 should have 9 groups of 3 and the top team progresses to the main qualifying.

Would cut out a lot of the pointless games for bigger nations and would also allow the minnows to play more games at an equal level and therefore they can progress through the rankings better to get to that number 1 seed for the pre qualifying.

Balanced yes. Lightweight all over.

How are you determining 'lightweight'? Eric Dier holding will literally be all we need in terms of defensive cover, and I rate Michael Keane a lot.

Oxlade chamberlain is fucking rubbish, might as well not be there.

How are you determining 'lightweight'? Eric Dier holding will literally be all we need in terms of defensive cover, and I rate Michael Keane a lot.

I like Keane. Eric Dire is overrated. Passing is a disgrace.

I like Keane. Eric Dire is overrated. Passing is a disgrace.

I disagree about Dier, I think early on some of his crossfield balls were alright, plus it's hard to pick out a killer ball against a team so defensive-minded.
Tend to agree about Ox though, not sure about him still, especially in a more central role, though I admit I haven't followed much of Arsenal for a while.

Back