• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Southgate off to a great start.

Calls up:

Defoe: 34 years old
Redmond: Plays up front for Southampton, we will never pick him there for England, ever
Livermore: Plodder who can't get in Albion's team
Ward-Prowse: Bit part player with no position who takes a few set pieces
Lingard: As average as it gets

Good work Gareth. Although Rooney has been dropped.

Rooney is injured isn't he? Andy Carroll should have been in the squad.

Redmond has been impressive recently playing from the left. They ditched the 4-4-2 with him up top a while back.

Really it just goes to show how poor our options are in midfield.

Surely Tom Davies or Jack Wilshere are better calls than Livermore or Ward-Prowse? If anyone can tell me what JWP offers apart from dead balls I'd love to hear it. Basically does what Becks could still do better now.

Surely Tom Davies or Jack Wilshere are better calls than Livermore or Ward-Prowse? If anyone can tell me what JWP offers apart from dead balls I'd love to hear it. Basically does what Becks could still do better now.

Tom Davies has 8 senior starts to his name. Whilst I agree he looks like a talent, lets give him some time to develop. I'd have preferred him over Livermore - although they're different types of player.

Ward-Prowse has done alright this season. He's chipped away with assists and is an intelligent little player. I think we need a player in the squad who can deliver a decent pass. I've seen headless chickens like Walcott etc beating 3/4 players and then putting the ball in to row Z for decades and want us to improve.

I'm guessing JWP/Livermore/Lingard have gotten call ups because he knows them from the U21s.

Effectively we're fucked striker wise at the moment. Reliant on Kane, and/or Vardy rediscovering his form.
Strongly suggests england need to move away from 4-4-2.

We haven't played 4-4-2 for about a decade tbf. We're also way better off than when the likes of Bobby Zamora, Jay Bothroyd and Carlton Cole were getting call ups.

Kane is one of Europe's top strikers and Rashford very much has the potential to be a star - if he gets the opportunity to develop at club level - so I'm not too worried. Welbeck will hopefully come again (has a really good England record). Vardy will be done by the time 2018 comes around I fear, Sturridge is done. Carroll...well he needs to stay fit.

Was going to say I'm surprised dat man Welbz hasn't snuck in with Kane out.

Interesting article. Nice to hear an England manager telling it how it is, rather than some Mike Basset bollocks.

Another New England kit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...lue-away-kit-unveiled-ahead-germany-friendly/

It looks OK and no doubt the following will make all the difference and turn us into World beaters!

"Extensively tested by the England squad, Nike AeroSwift technology represents Nike’s most advanced apparel innovation with enhanced fit, superior breathability and reduced weight.

"Designed to facilitate football at top speed, the shirt’s engineered knit zones create a geometric pattern that enhances fit for the athlete in motion.

So it doesn't rub your nips while you sprint away from the Russian Rozzers.

Useful.

Whilst we're calling up Defoe, France can put this U25 team out...

C7hRYzFW4AEJ0Lx.jpg

The bench is outrageous too and that doesn't even factor in the likes of Lloris, Kante and Griezmann...

Looks like this is the team:

---------------------Hart------------------

--------Smalling---Cahill-----Keane-------

Walker------Dier-------Livermore-------Bertrand

--------------Alli--------Lallana----------------

------------------Vardy-------------------------

I hope not. That's rancid.

4 right footed centre backs is never a good start.

Jeez. 6 defenders and a defensive midfielder. Sounds great......

You wonder what's wrong with managers sometimes. Fair enough to use Walker/Bertrand as wingbacks, not that I like three at the back for England teams (we don't have the centre halves to play out properly for a start). Fine, if we're going that way then we can play two AMs and they're both in good form. That's alright.

And then you send out that central midfield FFS. What are they going to create? The shape works for Spurs because they have Dembele playing in there alongside Wanyama. You need someone who can pass the ball, Livermore has about the same range as Dave Edwards.

only a tenuous link to road to moscow but there is a wolves link.
my friend is a German policeman in Dortmund and strong wolves fan. he has been texting me this afternoon .he is at work keeping his eye on the England fans .he says there is no trouble as yet that was at about 2 o'clock.
my friends friend is the top cop for football in dortmund. his job is solely to deal with borussia dortmund, which means he goes to all of their games no matter where in the world they are playing,
it's a tough job but someone has to do it

Back