• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Good game so far, only being slightly ruined by the awful commentary.

Watching with the sound turned down - much better like that

Can't see Scotland being able to keep up the press for the whole 90 mins so there should be opportunities later on

smile raiser from the beeb

John Stones goes for a wander into the Scottish half, he runs into a man in pink, Adam Lallana picks it up and spreads it out wide, where Raheem Sterling then runs headlong into an opponent.

Forrest Gump football.

Watching with the sound turned down - much better like that

Can't see Scotland being able to keep up the press for the whole 90 mins so there should be opportunities later on
Christ, didn't realise giggs was in the studio too. Think I will go with sound down too for second half.

Danny Batth needs to find a Scottish relative. Even is his current form he is a better footballer than Grant Hanley

A tale of 3 headers as Cahill does something he hasn't done for some time

For all you lot complaining about the commentary, be thankful you don't have to listen to the crap we've been served up here. Gary McCallister, Kenny Miller and Chris Sutton. Painful.

England should get Walcott on, the way this game is open could get another 2 or 3

For all you lot complaining about the commentary, be thankful you don't have to listen to the crap we've been served up here. Gary McCallister, Kenny Miller and Chris Sutton. Painful.

But we get Hoddle.

Nice build up play by England and Sterling puts the ball out of Wembley from 3 yards out

Strachan is fucked IMHO. Scotland currently 5th and going out. Not good enough

At no point has this felt like a competitive fixture. England have won this without breaking stride.

Looking back at last night after a bit of sleep and trying to be reasonably neutral...

Scotland were absolute mince apart from around 10 minutes after England scored their first and then from half time until the second England goal. Leigh Griffiths absolutely butchered that 2 on 1. Dreadful.

Some very nice finishes from England I thought. Still not convinced by Sterling at all though.

And John Stones seems to have forgotten some basic essentials in trying to impress Pep. He looks a mistake waiting to happen.

England demolished very weak and poor opposition, without really raising the pulse. An efficient performance I think.

I was wondering last night if Scottish viewers had different commentary. Was it that bad?
But we get Hoddle.
/thread

Thought England weren't great. Agree 100% with Paddy, Sterling was terrible i his decision making (worse than Griffiths). Sturridge wasn't as bad as he has been in the past. Lallana did well I thought.

Goals aside (our first 2 were really good moves) we were average in the first half. Better in the 2nd, and could've scored a couple more. Scotland really should have scored at least once though. That game could've ended 5-3 easily.

Two distinctly average teams, one capable of finishing.

Back