• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

An Italian work colleague once stated that if you throw in the same ingredients, you end up with the same cake. For too long we've been using the same ingredients.

I've mentioned on numerous occasions before that I don't want Sturridge near an England team. I'll add Walcott to that list too. Apart from pace to run in behind a defence, something that you rarely get the opportunity to do in international football, he offers nothing to a team and I can barely think of a decent attribute that he has to his game.

England's 25-man squad to face Scotland and Spain:Forster (Southampton), Hart (Torino), Heaton (Burnley); Bertrand (Southampton), Cahill (Chelsea), Clyne (Liverpool), Jagielka (Everton), Keane (Burnley), Rose (Tottenham), Stones (Man City), Walker (Tottenham); Dier (Tottenham), Drinkwater (Leicester), Henderson (Liverpool), Wilshere (Bournemouth), Lallana (Liverpool), Lingard (Man Utd), Rooney (Man Utd), Sterling (Man City), Townsend (Crystal Palace); Walcott (Arsenal), Kane (Tottenham), Rashford (Man Utd), Sturridge (Liverpool), Vardy (Leicester).

Not sure what Vardy, Rooney, and Walcott are doing in there.

Southgate has confirmed Rooney will captain us against Scotland tomorrow night.

#shocker

Southgate has confirmed Rooney will captain us against Scotland tomorrow night.

#shocker

Good news for Scotland, let him have as much time on the ball as he wants when he drops deep. Destroying any quick tempo England might have.

Do any of our English coaches have the balls to shake things up at International level?

Argentina in some trouble after getting thumped 3-0 by Brazil overnight.

Just watched Armenia v Montenegro 3-2 and here I was thinking I will PROBABLY be bored rigid watching our game tonight!!

Just watched Armenia v Montenegro 3-2 and here I was thinking I will PROBABLY be bored rigid watching our game tonight!!

Well qualifiers, generally, will be mismatched opposition due to their very nature and will not be much of a contest. Until UEFA and FIFA make their tournaments more elitist that will always be the case.

The mindset of England "fans" who are determined to not enjoy whatever is on offer is absolutely baffling. I don't spend my life telling the world how boring I find a TV programme showing people baking cakes to be, because I don't watch it.

If you don't like watching England, then don't watch them.

Well qualifiers, generally, will be mismatched opposition due to their very nature and will not be much of a contest. Until UEFA and FIFA make their tournaments more elitist that will always be the case.

The mindset of England "fans" who are determined to not enjoy whatever is on offer is absolutely baffling. I don't spend my life telling the world how boring I find a TV programme showing people baking cakes to be, because I don't watch it.

If you don't like watching England, then don't watch them.

You have made my day DW. At least there is someone else who finds no enjoyment in watching cakes being baked.

Regarding tonight, eight of those who performed so poorly against Iceland are in the starting line up.

You aren't alone. I love cookery tv, but baking can fuck off as far as I am concerned.

Add me to the anti-Cake baking on TV crew (so glad I checked before I posted as my phone changed anti-cake to anti-Catholic!!)

Add me to the anti-Cake baking on TV crew (so glad I checked before I posted as my phone changed anti-cake to anti-Catholic!!)

Rangers heritage, we know what you are really.

Back