• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

I shouldn't get angry when Hoddle tells the Nation that your best goalscorer should be played up front.............but thne I think WHY DID YOU PLAY ALL YOURS ON THE $#@!ING WING THEN YOU FACEFUCKEDCUNTHOLE

he had all the pieces of the jigsaw, just liked to put the edge pieces in the middle

Sturridge is fucking wank, most of his play is very poor and nowhere near International standard.
I don't know how many times he has to put in this kind of performance before the media stop giving him a free pass. He's been dreadful in an England shirt, I don't think I've seen him play well once.

I don't know how many times he has to put in this kind of performance before the media stop giving him a free pass. He's been dreadful in an England shirt, I don't think I've seen him play well once.

I'll let him off the Wales game in the Euros. Otherwise I'm in total agreement.

OMG Cahill, lucky to stay on the pitch. Dangerous play right there even if he hits the ball first

Slovenia playing ugly now too

Cahill's tackle was awful and he should have seen red but some of the Slovenian tackling in the last 10 minutes has been nothing short of disgraceful.

Got away with 0-0. Very poor stuff, we're so laboured and static.

Took the draw on my bet but I also had Scotland to draw...The only score I got wrong and they cost me £102!

It was a yellow not a red, this has been a scary performance.
Look all over the place as a defensive unit, Joe Hart proved many doubters wrong in this game tonight outstanding display by him.
Linegard and Sturridge simply awful.
The worse thing is Slovenia looked technically better.

Fair play to Slovenia, they didn't park the bus. Then again, why would they? It's only England.

The saving grace being at least nobody in their right minds me will give us a cats in hell of a chance of doing anything at all in the finals if we are fortunate enough to qualify. We, well I, knew how crap we was after the Euros and nothing has changed one iota. I'd bet Hart wishes he could play for Italy too after tonight

It was a bad performance not as bad as Iceland but not far off, reality is England's performance levels have been consistently bad for years. How we've gone 32 qualifiers without defeat is beyond me maybe due to easier groups.
The back four is a major worry, Cahill looks shot to pieces and Stones looks erratic whilst technically decent.
But going forwards is by no means looking rosey, in our last 5 matches we've bagged 4 goals in games against Slovakia twice, Iceland, Malta and Slovenia.

I don't think this is the right formation for us at the moment, we struggle desperately for creativity from the middle of the park (if Wilshere ever got fit and back to form that would help, but it seems a way off), other than Kane none of our strikers are really suited to playing on their own up top, whoever we stick out wide is either a striker shoehorned out there or a more orthodox winger type who can't play properly in a front three. Loads of the width comes from the full backs but if you watch Spurs, Walker and Rose don't cross the ball very often, they link inside with Eriksen/Lamela/Son/Alli etc, they're asked to play for England like wingbacks but they aren't ever going to produce much in the way of quality into the box.

Needs a rethink, either pick different players (Drinkwater for instance, who has a better range of passing than Henderson/Dier, or Antonio who offers way more goal threat than Walcott/Lingard) or change the system up. We're really inflexible as well, we more or less always start with the same set up irrespective of opposition, changes off the bench are more often than not just one for one direct swaps.

Cahill and Sturridge can just fuck off, the former has been done for nearly two years since Kane destroyed him at WHL and the latter looks like a parks footballer whenever he pulls on an England shirt. His touch, awareness, decision making, finishing are all absolutely village.

Antonio could be a good shout, lots of running and goals in him too.. Sterling has grown for Pep.. Agree that Drinkwater can control and dictate a midfield.. I think Rose is good going forward though he is more hit and miss than my dead granny scoring from a good opportunity..

Walker has lots of pace to defend.. Fuck off Cahill, Hart is showing the middle finger to Bravo ATM.. Stones is a little weak physically.. Rooney, up top or not.. Alli is not shy and has quality, lallana was missed.. Milner for work rate, wilshere, talent but made of glass..callum wilson an option? Walcott has pace but limited for me

Ooh cresswell I like too, vardy with pace and work rate nowhere too be seen

Lingaard wouldn't be anywhere near the squad if he didn't play for man u. Slovenia were better than us in every dept last night. Defensively they were sound and organised. Tactically they moved and passed the ball well. They created chances. First shot I saw us have was by Cahill FFS. We're shit. I think Lars Lagerback told the Iceland team they were about to play the most overhyped national team going in the build up to us playing them. How very true.

Cahill should have been finished as a starting CB a while ago. How is he still getting picked?
Walker/Rose are only really effective for their attacking potential. Last night we saw none of that. Both were woeful and wasteful in their crossing.

The midfield constantly slowed things down, then passed sideways. Regularly picking to wrong pass. No incision, no quick moves to put Slovenia on the wrong foot, nothing.

Sturridge is shocking and should also never play for england again. Even when he has a good game in an england shirt, he usually only is good for 15-20 mins of the 90. Too arrogant, too selfish, not a team player at all and consistently makes the wrong choice. I wouldn't even have him as back up.

Lingaard as above. Walcott is better than he showed last night, but in reality the best he should be hoping for is being back up.

Townsend has his detractors, but at least he looked to create. He crossed the ball, and ran at people. Until he came on we had none of that.

We are totally devoid of creativity at the moment, and we actually have no real system/style of play. It appears to still be a case of shoe-horning a favoured 11 into a team, rather than picking a TEAM.

Slovenia looked good. They were definitely the better team, and will be disappointed they only got a point. They will come to play us fancying their chances. To be honest, anyone playing us at the mo should fancy their chances.

Lingaard wouldn't be anywhere near the squad if he didn't play for man u. Slovenia were better than us in every dept last night. Defensively they were sound and organised. Tactically they moved and passed the ball well. They created chances. First shot I saw us have was by Cahill FFS. We're shit. I think Lars Lagerback told the Iceland team they were about to play the most overhyped national team going in the build up to us playing them. How very true.

Cahill should have been finished as a starting CB a while ago. How is he still getting picked?
Walker/Rose are only really effective for their attacking potential. Last night we saw none of that. Both were woeful and wasteful in their crossing.

The midfield constantly slowed things down, then passed sideways. Regularly picking to wrong pass. No incision, no quick moves to put Slovenia on the wrong foot, nothing.

Sturridge is shocking and should also never play for england again. Even when he has a good game in an england shirt, he usually only is good for 15-20 mins of the 90. Too arrogant, too selfish, not a team player at all and consistently makes the wrong choice. I wouldn't even have him as back up.

Lingaard as above. Walcott is better than he showed last night, but in reality the best he should be hoping for is being back up.

Townsend has his detractors, but at least he looked to create. He crossed the ball, and ran at people. Until he came on we had none of that.

We are totally devoid of creativity at the moment, and we actually have no real system/style of play. It appears to still be a case of shoe-horning a favoured 11 into a team, rather than picking a TEAM.

Slovenia looked good. They were definitely the better team, and will be disappointed they only got a point. They will come to play us fancying their chances. To be honest, anyone playing us at the mo should fancy their chances.

But otherwise we were okay...?

lemonjelly;969031 [B said:
[/B]

Kevin Kilbane was on Irish radio last night and seemingly the joke among players is that during games his team-mates feel they are just reliving this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S7S2ZLMPyc

Back