• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

They played a clip of an Allardyce interview on the radio earlier and he mentioned something I found odd, saying something about he was just doing a favour for someone he'd known for 30 years, does that mean the journalists who caged him in got an old friend to turn on him and act as part of the setup?

That would be McGarvey maybe. Not sure if he was part of the set up, but I think that is whom Sam was referring to, in that he thought McGarvey might get the gig.

Three names now made public.

Hasselbaink, Tommy Wright at Barnsley and someone else that I missed.

Technically what Cellino suggested is not breaking any rules but it would be a barmy way to run a club. Tommy Wright on the other hand...

Glen fucking Johnson

You're kidding me. Fat, old, shit, hardly played all year and playing for the club bottom of the league. And we have tons of right backs.

Oh my days. Southgate ruling himself out the job immediately with that.

No joke. I wish it was. Nonsensical. Walker is first choice, you've got players who can play there like Stones if you need plus loads of other players better and younger than Johnson. He could even have called up Iorfa for example who he also knows very well.

I get that Clyne is injured but Glen Johnson really? He was dreadful when he was in the team years ago and he's even worse now, such a strange call up.

No joke. I wish it was. Nonsensical. Walker is first choice, you've got players who can play there like Stones if you need plus loads of other players better and younger than Johnson. He could even have called up Iorfa for example who he also knows very well.

I'd love him to explain how Johnson is better than say, Joel Ward. As you say, Walker is going to play anyway so why have you called up a bloke with zero future as cover? Give someone else a go and allow them experience of being around the camp if nothing else.

We are playing Malta next so a perfect game to bring someone through from the U21s rather than going backwards

I've not seen the squad. Please someone tell me that Johnson was a joke?

Please?

I've had an appalling week. I'm on the edge. I can't take any more.

Please?

(Lying is - on this occasion - permitted)

Johnson is a joke..(of a player) who is in the squad.

Back