• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

It will be Bruce....or Southgate in charge until someone decent becomes available

This is my worry. Hopefully we get somebody decent, I'd like Howe personally.

He would be my choice too, but let's be honest, if the FA want an English coach as they stated in the summer, then the options are very limited.

At least they have acted quickly & decisively (not something the FA ia particularly noted for)

He a bleedin idiot to have done this - why he thought he needed to negotiate another £400k on top of the £3m he was being paid already is unfathomable.

Hopefully they don't insist on looking for another English manager as there isn't really anyone with any quality around (aopart from possibly Howe, but not that much experience there)

Last edited:
Howe has got a lot to prove though, he's done well at Bournemouth but can he do it away from there? I really have no idea who i would want now though so he's possibly the best option.

Allardyce and the FA have a lot to answer for. The biggest night in the history of Leicester City and the limelight has been taken away from them...!

I really don't think the £400k was the problem. He was VERY clear he would need clearance from above for that. For me it was the specifics about the Enner Valencia deal showing that he got around third party ownership there. And maybe his use of "Woy" was his Glenn Hoddle disabled moment to just finish it off.

Roberto Mancini and Laurent Blanc were being talked of in some quarters earlier on today

Southgate has been asked to take charge of the next 4 games.

I really don't think the £400k was the problem. He was VERY clear he would need clearance from above for that. For me it was the specifics about the Enner Valencia deal showing that he got around third party ownership there. And maybe his use of "Woy" was his Glenn Hoddle disabled moment to just finish it off.
Very much this. The money is not part of it. Dodgy dealing with added insults have done it for him.

Whilst I would agree that its not especially the money, just stuck in my craw that a man who was being paid £3m even had this on his mind rather than concentrating fully on the job he was being paid for

Ordinarily I'd be incredibly frustrated that we've made a complete mess of an appointment (the FA should have bloody well known he was iffy as fuck) and that we're back to square one, but more than anything I'm delighted I don't have to care about an Allardyce team.

I have no sympathy for Sam at all here. He has been an epic bellend. Just EPIC.

However, I want Gold and Sullivan raked over the coals for that Enner Valencia deal as well, and preferably that foul harridan Brady as well. You were in control of the club that caused the third party issue. And you oversaw them doing this again. Clearly.

10 point deduction for the journos favourite world cup winners please*

*my brother as a massive Hammer is going to hate me for that - but he has taken Australian citizenship now so all fucking bets are off...

Back