• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

As a borderline Communist (apparently) I reject all offers.

It's for the people.

Just read your latest offering on a certain Mr. Saunders.

WOW ! ! !

I have to admit to being a bit divorced from a lot of his history (I always thought he was a pretty good footballer but that was based on 60min highlights once a week of the top division here in Oz 20-25 years ago).

Reading this and other such posts about him (plus some YouTube videos - that “tackle” against Elliott was an absolute disgrace) makes me really very pissed off that he was ever associated with our great club.

Yeah, let's just say I wasn't keen.

He'll get the full treatment one day, he just annoyed me this lunchtime with his stupid comments (I can let it go when he's blithering on about someone else...how dare he talk about Wolves though) and I had a spare hour to knock something up. The eventual real deal will be a lot more scathing and in depth than that :icon_lol:

I, and many others, will look forward to it.

I very much enjoy your blogs, entertaining and insightful- I know you’ve got a bit on at present but I’d love to hear your thoughts in detail on our current progress (i.e. being positive !).

I'll see if I can make some time after the Newcastle match and before the cup game :)

I’m also now mindful that for the vast majority of people on this site, this is the first time ever they’ve seen a really good Wolves side in the top flight.

You really have to go back to the early 1970s to when Wolves had a consistent (and inconsistent) top level team (the 1979/80 team was a one season wonder). That’s pretty close to 50 years ago (God I feel old when I type that).

I feel we have a team (not just the players but the entire club) that can go on and be a real force in English football (and maybe in Europe as well).

That Sheffield Wednesday game. I left that and told my brother to find the best odds on us being relegated. I think he got 14-1. I will never forgot O'Hara coming on and running over to Karl Henry, and then telling him that he was going to play holding mid, and that Henry was to push on. And then Karl's look and gesture towards the bench as if to say 'is this serious?'.

I remember the ball dropping to Henry on the edge of the area and him clearly not wanting to shoot (understanding that wasn't this game) passing to the other CM (Foley) who always checked before giving it back to O'Hara deep. Complete and utter shambles of a manager.

That Sheffield Wednesday game. I left that and told my brother to find the best odds on us being relegated. I think he got 14-1. I will never forgot O'Hara coming on and running over to Karl Henry, and then telling him that he was going to play holding mid, and that Henry was to push on. And then Karl's look and gesture towards the bench as if to say 'is this serious?'.

I remember the ball dropping to Henry on the edge of the area and him clearly not wanting to shoot (understanding that wasn't this game) passing to the other CM (Foley) who always checked before giving it back to O'Hara deep. Complete and utter shambles of a manager.

O'Hara playing deep was all based on his ball to Johnson to score v Blackburn in his first game. Deano decided that is the way to win games, give it to O'Herballife just in front of the defence and get him to launch it forward. Worked a treat.

Excellent write up Dan, thanks

The man doing it has years of experience in journalism and is a very nice chap, actually. I don't write their bios. If you want to find me better gigs, then feel free.

Excellent stuff Dan

Went alright, didn't it.

Would have preferred longer (that's what she said) but I'll be on again soon.

Back