• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
I wouldn't get rid yet. I've never been a fan of changing managers so often. I appreciate why so many want him gone, but with our current ownership issues I can't see him going.

I don't see how that makes any difference, both Albion and Villa have changed managers mid season and both are up for sale.

I don't see how that makes any difference, both Albion and Villa have changed managers mid season and both are up for sale.
Don't both their owners have an active role at the club's though? Ours has taken himself as far away as possible and left Jez to run the show.

All depends if Morgan is willing to pay.

If he goes to Qpr that negates the issue.

You're in the financial business NWW and most of us have seen people given notice or put on gardening leave in their jobs and these businesses rarely need extra funds from their owners to do that so I don't see why the owner of Wolves needs to put his handing his pocket to sack Jackett.

What makes you think that Wolves can't afford to do this? I would have thought there is resource to do just this as a contingency in the business and finance plan. Surely the world's best sports CEO would do this?

Don't both their owners have an active role at the club's though? Ours has taken himself as far away as possible and left Jez to run the show.

Lerner doesn't and hasn't for a number of years.

You're in the financial business NWW and most of us have seen people given notice or put on gardening leave in their jobs and these businesses rarely need extra funds from their owners to do that so I don't see why the owner of Wolves needs to put his handing his pocket to sack Jackett.

What makes you think that Wolves can't afford to do this? I would have thought there is resource to do just this as a contingency in the business and finance plan. Surely the world's best sports CEO would do this?

You can't compare a bank to Wolves.
One is publicly listed answerable to its Shareholders, the other is ran by someone who has took his ball home

Lerner doesn't and hasn't for a number of years.

I thought he was still involved on the Financial side of things, where as Morgan stance is "if you don't require my money input, do it...don't care"

On the issue, we probably should be looking to make a change but the concern over who we would get makes me want to stick with what we have got until the ownership is sorted. I do fear the next man after KJ will be a massive 20 steps back appointment. As our transfer policy changed the moment Morgan went, christ knows what our management recruitment policy would be.

We've got nothing to lose by taking a gamble on a young manager. We're going nowhere under Jackett, his level is bumbling along in the Championship, occasionally bothering the top six. We may as well take a chance on somebody unproven, rather than stick with proven mediocrity.

You can't compare a bank to Wolves.
One is publicly listed answerable to its Shareholders, the other is ran by someone who has took his ball home

I'm not just comparing banks but most business will have this, it would be a very foolish football CEO that wouldn't have this considering the turnover of staff in the industry.

We do have the best CEO in the world after all.

I voted In initially, but am becoming less inclined to think that Kenny can turn this around to bring any significant success.

Don't expect any real decision unless we are in serious danger of relegation though & whilst it could be said that this team has enough quality not to get itself anywhere near that & that any competent Manager should achieve that as a minimum I seem to remember that being said not too many seasons ago.

In any event Kenny fits the sufficiently competent manager tag anyway & I don't think even we are capable of appointing a second idiot this quickly.

So stick or twist - whatever is decided then it is better that it is sooner rather than later.
If staying then KJ should have the rest of the season, but if no real improvement seen then thank you for your efforts and goodbye.
If going then do it now whilst there are sufficient games to have an impact plus a transfer window available (not that I am expecting much to come from that at the moment)

I voted in, but gradually I am beginning to wonder whether a change is needed. But not change for changes sake. If we replace KJ, then the club must have a clear plan in mind, and know which person they want to take over.

I can't take to the rest of the season of this shit! STHs, myself included, thinking of not bothering going to the game and sit and watch it on TV. At least I won't be cold and wet as the morons can't build a functional roof (yes I know it's dependent on the SB). There is always a better option, Wolves should not be this bad.

Frank is right. If there's a clear and coherent plan then we should get rid, now. He's clearly lost the plot, team and fans. If not, then We could go from the frying pan into the proverbial flames of Hell. I hope that we have a plan, as KJ needs to be replaced ASAP.

I can't see an 'ownerless' club sacking the manager at the moment. I doubt Moxey will want to put his head on the chopping bloke......yet again.
So we plod on in limbo till the end of the season. Just have to hope there's no relegation issues.

By my reckoning we have signed 7 players permanently (excluding ones for U21's and 18's) since we were promoted:
Van La Parra
Rowe
Saville
Afobe
Coady
Wallace
Byrne

All of these were fit to play yesterday, yet only one did for Wolves. I think we have to question Ken's judgement on signing players for this level. I appreciate he's not in total control of transfers, but does have the final say on who comes in. 1/7 is a shocking strike rate

I can't see an 'ownerless' club sacking the manager at the moment. I doubt Moxey will want to put his head on the chopping bloke......yet again.
So we plod on in limbo till the end of the season. Just have to hope there's no relegation issues.

I would be surprised if there are relegation issues. A mid-table plod of dullsville is the likely outcome.

Don't know if this is in the right link,but it's just come up on my Facebook page from the south bank molineux page,that QPR have made a formal approach for Kenny jacket,true or not I dunno,just saying,so don't shoot the messenger and all that

Back