• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Don't know if this is in the right link,but it's just come up on my Facebook page from the south bank molineux page,that QPR have made a formal approach for Kenny jacket,true or not I dunno,just saying,so don't shoot the messenger and all that

Too good to be true surely...

QPR fans are talking about Moyes, JFH, etc.

Be very surprised if QPR are looking at Kenny - suspect that they will be looking for more of a 'name'.

Whether their situation justifies that is another question.

Be very surprised if QPR are looking at Kenny - suspect that they will be looking for more of a 'name'.

Whether their situation justifies that is another question.

I wouldn't be overly surprised. Tony F wants the club to use its own youth players etc rather than do what has basically fooked them up over the last 4 years.

Worryingly if he goes,we all know who became available over the weekend,Surely lightning wouldn't strike twice

Worryingly if he goes,we all know who became available over the weekend,Surely lightning wouldn't strike twice

As Jez was massively against his appointment, I think I have more hope of getting the gig by simply submitting my CV with the session I had on FM where I edited a shit load of stuff to make Hednesford Town the worlds greatest team and released all of WBA's players, put them in so much debt they went without a win for 7 years before dropping out of the game altogether.

There are loads of jokeshop potential replacements, but them being a load of rubbish and there being a 1% chance we might appoint any of them is not reason to stick with a manager who is producing boring football with rubbish results.

If QPR genuinely do approach us then I sincerely hope we accept it, turning it down would be akin to telling Stoke to go away when they chucked £3m at us for Olofinjana.

There are loads of jokeshop potential replacements, but them being a load of rubbish and there being a 1% chance we might appoint any of them is not reason to stick with a manager who is producing boring football with rubbish results.

If QPR genuinely do approach us then I sincerely hope we accept it, turning it down would be akin to telling Stoke to go away when they chucked £3m at us for Olofinjana.

I don't think we will deny any approach, simply because of the situation we are in. If Morgan was still interested, it would be batted away without a 2nd thought

If QPR are serious and prepared to cover any compo that he would be due then not overly unhappy if it was accepted.

Suspect that there are sufficient resources within the club at U21 or Academy level to cover in the short term and at this level we are not the least attractive option for others. Chance for an ambitious younger Manager to make his name & am sure that it would not take an enormous amount to kick start this team into producing more than it has so far as what they have is a lot less than they are capable of

Right now, I'd rip their arms off if they offered to pay up his contract, and possibly the cost of searching for a replacement.

Right now, I'd rip their arms off if they offered to pay up his contract, and possibly the cost of searching for a replacement.

The cost of finding a replacement could just be a phone call to JFH

We'd only be due whatever Ken's annual wage is, at absolute most. He's on a perpetual one year deal, you can't claim anything over and above that unless there's something specifically written into the deal (doubt there is as we have never had a manager poached), there might even be a lower fee written into his contract.

Searching for a replacement costs us nothing as it is Thelwell's job and we already employ him. We'd have to pay compensation to another club if we took an already employed manager, but we haven't done that in 20 years and never at all in Jez's time here, so it would be a departure from policy if we did. I honestly don't care about the financial aspect - sack him and pay him off ourselves would come a close second choice to QPR inexplicably choosing to pay money to get him.

We poached Saunders? Or are you excluding that as it was a Morgan special

I'd clearly blanked that from my mind.

Anyway, if we have to pay compensation to someone else then so be it. You can't dick around with managers and do it on the cheap, look where that's left Newcastle.

I'd bite their hands off to be honest. At the moment he's on a one man mission to dismantle everything hes built in the two previous seasons so I can't imagine his capital being as high as even August though.

Such a shame it's come to this really, if he left now we'd always have fond memories and a great deal of respect for him coming in at our lowest ebb in a generation but presently every week he stays a little bit more of it disappears to be replaced with apathy. Genuinely like Ken as a man but he needs to go in whatever way.

I'd bite their hands off to be honest. At the moment he's on a one man mission to dismantle everything hes built in the two previous seasons so I can't imagine his capital being as high as even August though.

Such a shame it's come to this really, if he left now we'd always have fond memories and a great deal of respect for him coming in at our lowest ebb in a generation but presently every week he stays a little bit more of it disappears to be replaced with apathy. Genuinely like Ken as a man but he needs to go in whatever way.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. He is a good man and I have always supported him but times up. People point to the fact that last November was poor but the difference was that August to October hadn't been too bad. This season it has been mediocre/poor since August with the odd bright spot.

Please go now Ken before things turn sour

I think we'd accept any approach. Knowing our luck Ken would turn them down.

A bit of light relief on the subject from an intellectual on the Rumours site;

Anyone think rob Edwards would make a good coach? Young, knows the squad well, next Harry Monk?

If you don't know the term 'Harry Monk' try Google...

Back