• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
We seem to have got back to a settled formation if not a settled side against Burnley, so i will wait to see if the square pegs issue comes back again for the next game. So many of you here , are saying, Baath/Williamson plus Macdonald/Price are the backbone of the side and shouldn't be messed with that i sincerely hope KJ gets the message this time.

The line up on Sat was exactly what a 'new' manager would've done with the players available to him in the hope of grabbing a few quick points to stop the rot. Proven partnerships all over the pitch, solid formation, very few risks taken. Hopefully see more of the same after the international break with some very winnable games coming up.

Alfie in for Edwards would be my preference and I'm losing faith in James Henry but apart from that keep it the same (Ojo out for Byrne is a no brainer and not even worth discussing.

This is what endless Championship football is, it's us from 1989 to 2003, it's Ipswich since they came down from the PL. There is no utopian 'just be really good at this level and stay here' scenario in reality, you just have some ok seasons and a lot of rubbish ones. I despise this league.

I wouldnt go that far but I understand where youre coming from. This league is the league to rebuild, the league to unleash new talent, the league to strengthen and prepare for the premier league - see recent history case studies for Norwich( with a blip) Southampton, Swansea Stoke and WBA. I want us to do similar and prepare ourselves for a long term premier league future. The sooner a new owner comes in and matches or exceeds that expectation the happier I will become. If that means a new owner wants a new backroom team, manager, CEO,Recruitment team, players then that is their prerogative just as long as we better what we have not change for changes sake

KJs quotes in this article on Afobe playing the number 10 role worry me, though he's bang on in that we're nowhere near creating good opportunities for him to score:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34778388

I believe this will define Kenny Jacketts season, can he get the best out of Benik Afobe this season by setting up his team to supple his striker with opportunities to score goals.
Or was the head coach over reliant on the creative individual skills of Sako and Dicko.

It really isn't difficult, stop indulging him as some sort of playmaker and when you finally put him up top play an upper midfield 3 that get the ball to him. Based on Saturday that is not Ojo who runs straight into whoever is in front of him, Edwards who is way too deep or Henry who's delivery is shocking. I'm happy to give a pass to the latter, but the other two are our player of the month and on loan from Liverpool, so hey what do I know?

It really isn't difficult, stop indulging him as some sort of playmaker and when you finally put him up top play an upper midfield 3 that get the ball to him. Based on Saturday that is not Ojo who runs straight into whoever is in front of him, Edwards who is way too deep or Henry who's delivery is shocking. I'm happy to give a pass to the latter, but the other two are our player of the month and on loan from Liverpool, so hey what do I know?

Henry at the moment much as I like him, couldnt cross a road

Ojo has successfully challenged Tom Daley for a place in the 2016 Olympic diving team, which is no good for a footballer

Dangerous Dave is and will always be what you see is what you get nothing more. Championship equivalent of Road runner

Afobe and others have not been clinical with the chances presented ( Missing Dicko there)

You can only do your best with the squad you have. Ours is a bit limited at the moment. Be prepared for more 0-0 draws

Has Kenny Jackett had much success either developing a home grown talent or through the transfer market of finding players who can play into Afobe.
We have seen various loan signings both last season and this trying to play this link role more often another striker or an Auxiliary striker like Dave Edwards. Many of us feel until Kenny Jackett shows a willingness to play through the thirds we wont see Afobe forfilling his potential and will most likely be fed on scraps which creates a very frustrated striker.

I went OUT but that also goes for Thelwell and Moxey.

Somebody who can't find a consistent eleven in two years wont find a consistent eleven in four years. Not sure how instrumental he was in awarding extended contacts to poor players but he'll carry the can for it. Quite like him but put him more a flapper/panicker than a controller. Bit too weak for my liking.

Hold him until the takeover. No point getting rid.

After the MK Dons game has anyone got a positive argument for keeping Jackett? Being afraid of the board screwing up the replacement isn't a positive argument - right now Jackett is doing a fine job of screwing it up

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jackett you're ruining my club, you're ruining my life. Just fuck off you Cockney scum.... Was just one of the many statements I heard at the end of the game. I pity his wife and kids when he gets home, Id pack my bags and move to my mothers If I was the poor young lady.

He doesn't deserve abuse. He has done too much for our club to be on the end of that. His time is definitely up though. We can make this a clean break (we won't) or it'll be a slow coast to an inevitable sacking long after we all know it's over, à la McGhee (we will).

We're so directionless at the moment, that when I thought today about whether we should sack Kenny or not, my actual reaction was "oh who gives a fuck? Whats the point?"

That's probably a sign in itself.

I'd prefer us to sack him now so that he doesn't leave on too sour a note, which it will eventually get to I feel. I really like KJ and want him to turn it around but don't think he will.

I really like KJ and want him to turn it around but don't think he will.

I think this is where I'm at.

All that's keeping me from wanting him out is the memory that I felt like this last year after that shocking run before Christmas. And at least he's sorted out the defence, I suppose. Gone from conceding 10 in 3 to conceding 3 in the last 5. Shame we've lost the ability to hit a cows arse with a banjo in the meantime.

I suppose at the end of the day we cant get suckered into the Mick McCarthy scenario that we sacked him far too late. If we have another month like November before Christmas then he'll get sacked. Look at Chesterfield with Saunders, they had to act before its too late.

We aren't going to get relegated but we aren't going forward either. Jackett suffered a mini crisis similar to this, about the same time last season. We were cruising then we suffered a home defeat to Huddersfield. It was the start of a series of losses but we turned it around with Sako, Dickho and Afobe. The same has happened this season starting with the defeat to QPR after leading 2-0. We've never really recovered and it hasn't been helped by Jackett not knowing what eleven to select, or sticking with a settled eleven, and now we don't have the potent strike force we had last season to bail us out! I think Jackett has now run his course. He seems determined to stick to a rigid 4-5-1, and that 5 across midfield is constantly changing while he tries to make his mind up on who to select. That alone beggars a few questions but what really irks is the fact that we won't face an easier team at home this season and there seems to me to be no reason to start that formation instead of an attacking 4-4-2.

How many more poor performances before Wolves pull the trigger or do we have a long painful winter.

I wouldn't get rid yet. I've never been a fan of changing managers so often. I appreciate why so many want him gone, but with our current ownership issues I can't see him going.

I wouldn't get rid yet. I've never been a fan of changing managers so often. I appreciate why so many want him gone, but with our current ownership issues I can't see him going.

Trouble is the longer you leave it the people who really matter, the fans are the ones that suffer.

Back