• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Kenny obviously does not see his job under threat, does he?

Under threat and under pressure to perform are two different things, but I'm sure he realises the latter applies to him.

I've read the previous ten pages and while I can understand some people highlighting the occasional lapses in selection, use of subs. etc., there are some on here who are obviously pant-wetting and over-reacting because results and the season haven't gone how they expected.

Fifteen games in and already wanting to sack the manager.

The loss of Sako was huge, but the unexpected injury of Dicko so early in the season has been an even bigger loss. The problem with goalkeepers has been filled by a loan from Arsenal, the loss of Stearman, which I am still not convinced was KJ's decision, has been temp. filled by another Prem. player from Newcastle.
We need to do what Wolves fans are good at and get behind the team even if they make mistakes or don't get the ball on target or are just not good enough for this level.

Yes, we're having a shit season so far compared to the previous two, and we've all been through traumatic times prior to KJ arriving, but IMO we need to take a breath and give the man time to sort it out.

Who is pant wetting? I think everyone that doesn't think KJ can turn this around has given valid arguments for thinking so and no one is going overboard. Fair enough if you want to give him time but don't say people are pant wetting when they have given good reason to back their view up.

I have given the whole matter a great deal of thought and I really don't believe that Kenny can get us out of this mess, let alone get us promoted. Whether or not it's all his fault, I don't know, but the on-field tactics are where the buck stops at him. For that reason, alone, he should go now. It ain't going to get any better until we get a better manager (and I said Manager, not Head Coach, because that's what we must have).

Does the title actually mean anything?

My only issue with some of the anti-KJ stuff is not the fact he is wanted out but the total lack of respect he is being shown. This isn't some Saunders MkII we are talking about. Its the man that put this club back on track and started our recovery. Some of the comments aimed at him are beyond belief. Don't want him as manager, fair enough, think he has reached his limit at the club fair enough, not a fan of his selections or tactics fair enough but show some respect and stop talking about him as if he is some halfwit*

*This isn't aimed at anyone on here really, before folk get all precious, just across the various platforms available

Last edited:

My only issue with some of the anti-KJ stuff is not the fact he is wanted out but the total lack of respect he is being shown. This isn't some Saunders MkII we are talking about. Its the man that put this club back on track and started our recovery. Some of the comments aimed at him are beyond belief. Don't want him as manager, fair enough, think he has reached his limit at the club fair enough, not a fan of his selections or tactic fair enough but show some respect and stop talking about him as if he some halfwit*

*This isn't aimed at anyone on here really, before folk get all precious, just across the various platforms available

Absolutely bang on.

I don't think anyone should be levelling the accusation that KJ is a half-wit or similar. That is patently untrue and really unfair.

However, it is fair enough to surmise that he has reached a ceiling and won't be able to take us further. Obviously, your mileage may vary, but that is a fair stance.

I heard somebody on the way home on Saturday vented his spleen and this is word for word 'That Glenn Quagmire looking fucking prick is ruining the cub, he's gorra gew'

I heard somebody on the way home on Saturday vented his spleen and this is word for word 'That Glenn Quagmire looking fucking prick is ruining the cub, he's gorra gew'

Did that bloke have a white stick with him?

I'm sure he's not a 'half wit' and I have a great deal of respect for him. It's a bloody tough job, but it's beyond his capabilities, obviously. Getting us out of Division 3 was an achievement, but he has floundered, consistently, this season. Thanks, Kenny, you're a decent bloke, but we need someone with fresh ideas and more skill.

My only issue with some of the anti-KJ stuff is not the fact he is wanted out but the total lack of respect he is being shown. This isn't some Saunders MkII we are talking about. Its the man that put this club back on track and started our recovery. Some of the comments aimed at him are beyond belief. Don't want him as manager, fair enough, think he has reached his limit at the club fair enough, not a fan of his selections or tactics fair enough but show some respect and stop talking about him as if he is some halfwit*

Damn right lets move the debate away from the person and onto the job requirements.

We all wish to see a clear strategy in place which delivers a constant clearly understood pattern of play which develops players within a team format. A coach that delivers top performances because he gets the best out of each individual and has the ability to enhance their quality.
A coach that gets all the basics sorted and does them correctly, stuff like excellent tactical awareness, consistently good team selection, a well defined pattern of play and a well motivated squad that look comfortable with what they are doing.
Lets judge Jackett on whether he is doing his job right.

Lets judge Jackett on whether he is doing his job right.

There's no other way, to be fair.

No, he's not.
Signings = fail
Tactics = fail
Flexibility/adaptability = fail
Motivation = fail

Goodbye, Kenny.

It's amazing we ever won a game really isn't it. All those shit signings, tactics never working, unmotivated players. Been an utter disaster under KJ. How did we fail to sack him sooner....in fact why did we ever employ him....

It's amazing we ever won a game really isn't it. All those shit signings, tactics never working, unmotivated players. Been an utter disaster under KJ. How did we fail to sack him sooner....in fact why did we ever employ him....

You forgot the Iraq war. He also burns kittens for FUN.

Back