• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
In for me but only just. I wanted MM sacked in the cluster fuck that was his 2nd season only for us to somehow finish just outside the playoffs and get promoted the following. If we can see some form of a stable system to play and a few more points on the board by the end of the season that will do for me.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

IN.

But I'll review it after Christmas.
Between now and then, I'll hope someone has a very strong word in his ear about dodgy tactics, silly subs and dubious formations.
I'd like him to have a bit of self belief like he had when we were playing like we knew each other and we loved him.
So come on Kenny, and stop fucking well tinkering.

Lose this (I bloody hope not) and he should be sacked. No doubt, at all. We cannot survive on memories -proven fact when MM should have gone in November 2011 and hung on until we were screwed.

MM should have been replaced in May not November. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth and had gone backwards from his first PL season.

As long as Kenny has learnt that THAT is the formation we should play with and stops dicking around with the formation/personnel then he stays...much better effort today

I've asked this before but can someone explain the relationship between Thelwell and the Head Coach.

As I understand it Thelwell scours the market for suitable players for the Club after the HC has said what he thinks he needs and Moxey sets the financial parameters.
If that's correct, does that mean that the final word is with Moxey? E.g. KJ says that he needs a target man for Plan B so Thelwell finds Holt and if KJ says he's not good enough, Moxey says that's all we can afford, take him or go without?

Did KJ get rid of Stearman or was it Thelwell or Moxey? KJ seemed to say to the media before Williamson came that we needed a more experienced CB at the Club so reading between the lines it seems that he may not have been involved in the Stearman decision.

Of course things may have been completely different, but who knows?

Jackett always has final say on transfers. Thelwell recommends them.

Jackett always has final say on transfers. Thelwell recommends them.

One wonders how many players KJ has rejected (and who they were).

It's been mentioned before in Parliaments. It's perfectly obvious anyway, the manager always has final say on who comes in. Thelwell is just a recruitment consultant. Managers wouldn't work under any other sort of conditions.

Jackett is head coach not the manager. Guardiola at Bayern most definitely had nothing to do with the signing of Lewandowski. However in our case I agree Jackett has the final say. Doesn't mean any targets he himself may have identified haven't been signed though.

They use the scouts, Thelwell and dossiers to identify targets, plus KJ has input about targets. If they look possible from a Moxey point of view we try and make it happen. Final call is with KJ though.

4 points from the last 6 games. But now as straightforward a run of 8 games coming up as you'll ever get in the Championship: for me, four wins from the next eight is the absolute minimum requirement.

I noticed this morning we are now closer to relegation points wise than we are the play offs - 6vs9. Always a good sign of what your ambitions for the rest of the season really are. To have any chance of a run at the play offs in the second he of the season I think we need 14/18 points in the 6 games before Xmas, achievable given the opposition, but not the way we are playing.

I noticed this morning we are now closer to relegation points wise than we are the play offs - 6vs9. Always a good sign of what your ambitions for the rest of the season really are. To have any chance of a run at the play offs in the second he of the season I think we need 14/18 points in the 6 games before Xmas, achievable given the opposition, but not the way we are playing.

That's why I think he has to go. I always want Wolves to win, but I fear that yesterday's victory has merely postponed the obvious (and necessary). Being absolutely honest, I can only foresee more inconsistent performances from us, over the next few games. I do not expect us to take any points against Ipswich and the home games against Forest and Leeds will be tough. We should take 10 points, between now and Christmas. Anything less than that and we will start the New a Year in serious trouble. Is anything really going to change, under the current regime? Of course not, we'll have the odd decent game, but we will continue to be poor up-front and Kenny will continue to tinker. He's lost my confidence and, whilst I'm grateful to him for rescuing us from the Third Division, he's shown us all that anything above where we currently are is beyond his capabilities. Let's take this opportunity of a fortnight's break to get someone new in and begin anew.

That's why I think he has to go. I always want Wolves to win, but I fear that yesterday's victory has merely postponed the obvious (and necessary). Being absolutely honest, I can only foresee more inconsistent performances from us, over the next few games. I do not expect us to take any points against Ipswich and the home games against Forest and Leeds will be tough. We should take 10 points, between now and Christmas. Anything less than that and we will start the New a Year in serious trouble. Is anything really going to change, under the current regime? Of course not, we'll have the odd decent game, but we will continue to be poor up-front and Kenny will continue to tinker. He's lost my confidence and, whilst I'm grateful to him for rescuing us from the Third Division, he's shown us all that anything above where we currently are is beyond his capabilities. Let's take this opportunity of a fortnight's break to get someone new in and begin anew.

Seems to me the only arguments for keeping KJ are "we're afraid we'll get someone worse" and "the club isn't in the right position to appoint a new manager at the moment." I suppose there's the Thelwell/Moxey/recruitment argument, but very clearly something has to change, otherwise we'll finish the season 14th to 16th with a group of players that should be challenging for the play-offs at least

Seems to me the only arguments for keeping KJ are "we're afraid we'll get someone worse" and "the club isn't in the right position to appoint a new manager at the moment." I suppose there's the Thelwell/Moxey/recruitment argument, but very clearly something has to change, otherwise we'll finish the season 14th to 16th with a group of players that should be challenging for the play-offs at least

Spot on for me. Game was there for winning yesterday yet we still had a sub left at the end. Why?? Strange decision after strange decision at the minute from KJ, he doesn't know what to do.

Spot on for me. Game was there for winning yesterday yet we still had a sub left at the end. Why?? Strange decision after strange decision at the minute from KJ, he doesn't know what to do.

And one of the substitutions was an enforced keeper swap

Article on the BBC, twenty minutes ago about Jackett being linked with QPR. He's not interested, he says, and is committed to Wolves. Pity. He might have done everyone, including himself, a favour. Kenny obviously does not see his job under threat, does he? Interesting, because I'd have thought it would be the ideal move for him.

Back