• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Probably no surprise that i agree with you two, post 451 from Tony Towner on the Manager sacked/hired thread says it all for me.

The key point for me is if we keep KJ will we finish in the playoffs this season or be promoted next? To me the answer is absolutely no - therefore sadly he has to go.

The key point for me is if we keep KJ will we finish in the playoffs this season or be promoted next? To me the answer is absolutely no - therefore sadly he has to go.

Until we have a new owner I don't think that is going to happen anyway. The club had a vision (whether it was the right one, is another debate) until the moment Morgan said "fuck this" and all of a sudden that vision was binned and it all seems confused. Until we have a new owner, we are going to go on signing the likes of Williamson and Holt on loan and hoping to pick up the odd bargain here and there. I seriously doubt we will be dipping in the bank to pay £2m for a player for a while. When we don't go up this season, we will be cashing in on anything that can get us money (Afobe, Iorfa, Hause). If we do move KJ on (I don't think we will) I have zero confidence in the board to be able to bring in a manager that is an upgrade on KJ. Nightmares will start if we do change and the vision of a grinning Jez sat next to Graham Westley or Ade Boothroyd.

Until we have a new owner I don't think that is going to happen anyway. The club had a vision (whether it was the right one, is another debate) until the moment Morgan said "fuck this" and all of a sudden that vision was binned and it all seems confused. Until we have a new owner, we are going to go on signing the likes of Williamson and Holt on loan and hoping to pick up the odd bargain here and there. I seriously doubt we will be dipping in the bank to pay £2m for a player for a while. When we don't go up this season, we will be cashing in on anything that can get us money (Afobe, Iorfa, Hause). If we do move KJ on (I don't think we will) I have zero confidence in the board to be able to bring in a manager that is an upgrade on KJ. Nightmares will start if we do change and the vision of a grinning Jez sat next to Graham Westley or Ade Boothroyd.

True, true. I really liked the old vision of young players coming through and the club being self sufficient, that seems to be out of the window now.

The only way we could get promoted now would be if we were to appoint a Mick style manager, or drop lucky and get someone like Rowett.

True, true. I really liked the old vision of young players coming through and the club being self sufficient, that seems to be out of the window now.

The only way we could get promoted now would be if we were to appoint a Mick style manager, or drop lucky and get someone like Rowett.

I think that is the only way you can get out the Championship by being self sufficient.

I think that is the only way you can get out the Championship by being self sufficient.

I was thinking of the model followed by Southampton & Swansea (that said i don't have a DW level of football knowledge and they may have spent a shed load!)

We seem to have got back to a settled formation if not a settled side against Burnley, so i will wait to see if the square pegs issue comes back again for the next game. So many of you here , are saying, Baath/Williamson plus Macdonald/Price are the backbone of the side and shouldn't be messed with that i sincerely hope KJ gets the message this time.

Well, we ain't going anywhere with this lot in charge, are we?

Hopefully not. Esp. not to League 1.

When we were promoted, most fans wanted us to consolidate in the Championship. A few hoped that if we could get to the Premiership through the play-offs that the financial benefit would enable us to sign/keep better players. Promotion wasn't to be and as we all know, we finished 7th and lost Sako to the Premiership.

So the summer arrived and the ins/outs of players was viewed with mixed opinion by fans and expectations dropped as matches were played, and then the blow of the owner putting the Club up for sale 'for personal reasons' that had been going on for months, has now led to uncertainty for the future.

Personally, I'd like us to continue the consolidation in the Championship, see what happens about the ownership of the Club and hope for more stable times. Now is not the time to be changing the Head Coach.

Hopefully not. Esp. not to League 1.

When we were promoted, most fans wanted us to consolidate in the Championship. A few hoped that if we could get to the Premiership through the play-offs that the financial benefit would enable us to sign/keep better players. Promotion wasn't to be and as we all know, we finished 7th and lost Sako to the Premiership.

So the summer arrived and the ins/outs of players was viewed with mixed opinion by fans and expectations dropped as matches were played, and then the blow of the owner putting the Club up for sale 'for personal reasons' that had been going on for months, has now led to uncertainty for the future.

Personally, I'd like us to continue the consolidation in the Championship, see what happens about the ownership of the Club and hope for more stable times. Now is not the time to be changing the Head Coach.

Boy, that's not at all what I remember.

I never will understand the mindset of people who actively want to stay in this division. It is definitely a tiny minority though, not 'most fans'.

I never will understand the mindset of people who actively want to stay in this division. It is definitely a tiny minority though, not 'most fans'.

I would prefer to stay in this Division if the other option is League 1....(although League One was great fun at times)

Fair enough. Although I do remember quite a good discussion on here where some thought we wouldn't be strong enough to go straight up, and others like yourself and me who thought we should go for it and improve when we got there. This discussion took place on other forums too but the point I was making was that we need to continue the consolidation in the Championship, see what happens about the ownership of the Club and hope for more stable times.

Stability is fine to a point, stasis (which the minority want, by extension) is not.

This is what endless Championship football is, it's us from 1989 to 2003, it's Ipswich since they came down from the PL. There is no utopian 'just be really good at this level and stay here' scenario in reality, you just have some ok seasons and a lot of rubbish ones. I despise this league.

Back