• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Maybe we can pull a similar trick as Blackburn did with Souness, manage to get a nice wedge of money from another club who poach a manager we were going to sack anyway.

Absolutely not [emoji23][emoji23] however with the distance, current form, and price in the mix a few weeks before Christmas, all add up to a poor following.

It is a shame really as Ipswich is an excellent away day. Bloody expensive tickets, but a cracking ground that is easily accessible from the station, excellent view from the away seats and a couple of fantastic pubs near the train station. Driving there is a complete pain in the arse of epic proportions though.

Maybe we can pull a similar trick as Blackburn did with Souness, manage to get a nice wedge of money from another club who poach a manager we were going to sack anyway.

Dictionary definition of a win win for me there and KJ would leave with still positive feelings

I would have been with them.

i think if you lose the away fans then there's definite trouble. I wouldn't say that any group represents how the whole fanbase feels. That was my original point to LordKnows.

When I read that on tuesday night I immediately thought he is in bother, the away following generally always seem as a whole to be a more forgiving/tolerant/positive bunch then the home support (not just us most clubs).

I took some time before voting in. The club needs some stability and sacking Kenny would be the wrong decision at this moment. I'm surprised at how this seasons turning out as I didn't think we had a bad squad. Kenny's honeymoon period may be over but he needs to sort this out very quickly tho

Get Bob Bradley in. Anyone who can handle Egypt in the middle of the Arab Spring can handle Wolves, as far as I'm concerned.

Out of the 12 of us that went on Tuesday, of which 9 go to pretty much every away game, only 1 was of the opinion that Jacket should be kept.

Was that before the game or after? :icon_wink:

Looking at Forest, Leeds and Watford, I'm not so sure we'll be an attractive proposition for a manager after the ownership issue is sorted.

Looking at those clubs most neutrals would say Watford have a better manager than Wolves in Flores, 50/50 with Forest and Freedman, though Evans at Leeds is clueless so Jackett wins that one.

Have to say that if we lose tomorrow Jackett's position will become untenable for me. That'll be five defeats out of six. Clear relegation form and there'll have to be a change.

I've voted out. I think KJ probably can shore things up to the extent of getting us safely mid-table but that really isn't enough, is it? Much as I like and respect the guy, on the evidence of this season, I really can't see that he's got what it takes to mount a serious promotion challenge any time soon or to have us competing in the Premier League. The sooner we move on to someone who can do both those things (or at least we think they can), the better. I can't see much value in a wait-a-few-more games approach. Make a positive change now while we're still in a relatively safe and sound position rather than a desperate one later when we're in the shit.

The only problem I have (and I think someone else has pointed it out) is remember last time when we weren't near relegation but not competing at the top we ended up with Dean S*unders and we got relegated...

The only problem I have (and I think someone else has pointed it out) is remember last time when we weren't near relegation but not competing at the top we ended up with Dean S*unders and we got relegated...

We were 18th and had won 3 games out of 16 when he was sacked.

We should approach Mourinho and issue him with the biggest challenge of his life. 'Show us that you're the "Special One" by stepping out of the high-financed, elite world of Premier-League (and the European equivalents) and showing what you can make out of a big club that has no immediate prospects, at this time, of anything other than mid to lower-table Championship football. We give you three seasons to bring European football to Molineux, Jose.'

We should approach Mourinho and issue him with the biggest challenge of his life. 'Show us that you're the "Special One" by stepping out of the high-financed, elite world of Premier-League (and the European equivalents) and showing what you can make out of a big club that has no immediate prospects, at this time, of anything other than mid to lower-table Championship football. We give you three seasons to bring European football to Molineux, Jose.'

Brilliant mate.
if he can't make it, lets bring Sir Alex out for a 3 year stint. I believe we were close to getting him before he went to MU

Brilliant mate.
if he can't make it, lets bring Sir Alex out for a 3 year stint. I believe we were close to getting him before he went to MU

Great idea, Mick. If Jose says 'No!' then we can offer the same challenge to Alex, minus his offspring, though.

I'll take Jackett. We need a manager for our school's Key Stage 2 football team. He might be able to find his level and I'm struggling with creative 'diamond/rhombus' shaped formations, on the field. He'd enjoy the sunshine here, too.

Back