• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
I find it slightly amusing the people who think the poll non representative find themselves voting in the minority.

I find it slightly amusing the people who think the poll non representative find themselves voting in the minority.

I find it highly amusing that anyone in the ever reducing majority on a forum with 70 people voting find this even remotely reflective of the Wolves fanbase of circa 40,000

Does this mean you agreed with the E&S saying we wanted Owen Coyle?

Agree with all of this. And no matter what people currently think of Jackett, he deserves far more respect than being hounded out in such a way.

Not totally sure he's being "hounded out". Unless the club are making their decisions off what's being said on football forums now? The majority of posters on here seem to want KJ to turn things around but doubt it will happen.

There is still vocal support at the games, and I'm confident the away fans only turned a little mid-week because of the shocking performance, substitutions, tactics and team selection - which they're entitled to do.

We have a core of 20,000 fans who go the game and I'd wager a similar amount who don't, who truly care and want us to improve now.

How many of those are on Twitter, and how many of those want Jackett gone
It's a minority, and I can't wait to read how it's anything but.

130,000 followers on Wolves official Twitter account, where's the minority now?

There's no way you're going to get any guaranteed input into the clubs decision making through social media, can you imagine the carnage if a club were willing to put it up to a vote who they'd approach for a vacancy?! Though I can still see some merit in Lord Knows' approach, as was seen with the ditched approach for Steve Bruce previously, the fans opinion on these matters does at least hold some weight, whether now is the right time to try such a thing is questionable, there's no vacancy to discuss yet but would it really be any more damaging than the chants from the stands on Tuesday night?

For what it's worth I think the potential suggestions for replacements discussed so far have been fairly realistic, ownership limbo or not Wolves are still a relatively big pull for the sort of names being banded around and considering the self sustaining financial model it'll make little to no difference to transfer budget whether Morgan is actively engaged or not, people seem to have valued the potential difficulties in poaching a manager from a local/divisional rival and you'd have to think lower league managers are generally attainable.

I don't think I've seen anyone say "we will be able to attract X", more a case of,"if Jackett goes we would need to replace him with a manager who would be an improvement"
No one is advocating rushing into getting rid of Kenny unless there is a viable replacement. It's all a "wish list"

On this and the other thread some people appear to believe that Rowett, Cook, Hasselbaink, Warburton, and so on would jump at the chance to join Wolves, with comments such as "better chance of getting to the Prem" and other such gems. It's the "wim a big club" mentality that I can't stand because right now we really aren't. Given all the problems at board, recruitment and player level I can't see how some of them will leave a place where they have a good thing going to come here and preside over what may well be a season that peters out.

As for your last point, sadly some are rushing to get rid of him. Hence the thread in the first place.

If anyone is interested, Comptonstars is running a poll on his Twitter account. With five hours to go and sitting at 566 votes at the time of writing, 52% want Jackett to stay on.

On this and the other thread some people appear to believe that Rowett, Cook, Hasselbaink, Warburton, and so on would jump at the chance to join Wolves, with comments such as "better chance of getting to the Prem" and other such gems. It's the "wim a big club" mentality that I can't stand because right now we really aren't. Given all the problems at board, recruitment and player level I can't see how some of them will leave a place where they have a good thing going to come here and preside over what may well be a season that peters out.

As for your last point, sadly some are rushing to get rid of him. Hence the thread in the first place.

It's a case of the old 'gold tinted glasses' isn't it? If everything was judged on fanbase and history, we would be a top half premier league team every year. But it's not - and therefore, your post is correct and accurate.

130,000 followers on Wolves official Twitter account, where's the minority now?

There's no way you're going to get any guaranteed input into the clubs decision making through social media, can you imagine the carnage if a club were willing to put it up to a vote who they'd approach for a vacancy?! Though I can still see some merit in Lord Knows' approach, as was seen with the ditched approach for Steve Bruce previously, the fans opinion on these matters does at least hold some weight, whether now is the right time to try such a thing is questionable, there's no vacancy to discuss yet but would it really be any more damaging than the chants from the stands on Tuesday night?

For what it's worth I think the potential suggestions for replacements discussed so far have been fairly realistic, ownership limbo or not Wolves are still a relatively big pull for the sort of names being banded around and considering the self sustaining financial model it'll make little to no difference to transfer budget whether Morgan is actively engaged or not, people seem to have valued the potential difficulties in poaching a manager from a local/divisional rival and you'd have to think lower league managers are generally attainable.

130,000 people doesn't mean 130,000 fans who care. I'd wager a fair few are inactive, more will be following them out of a connection to the game rather than any sort of support. I follow Tranmere, as they are my home town team. I want them to do well, but don't really care who manages them

So yes, a few loud mouths on twitter is a significant minority

It's a case of the old 'gold tinted glasses' isn't it? If everything was judged on fanbase and history, we would be a top half premier league team every year. But it's not - and therefore, your post is correct and accurate.

Completely agree. We are a mid-table Championship team. It is about now, not the past. Some fans are worse than Liverpool's for wallowing.

If anyone is interested, Comptonstars is running a poll on his Twitter account. With five hours to go and sitting at 566 votes at the time of writing, 52% want Jackett to stay on.
566 is far more than 70. Hardly an accurate reflection of the entire fanbase mind as some would have you think

I don't think anyone has said these people would take the job at the drop of a hat but it's not like they'd be instantly dismissive just because Morgan is looking to sell either. Blues were in a much worse position than Wolves when they took Rowett from Burton, despite him having great success there, fair enough they've gone and got promoted since but they're not really any bigger a club as a result so why would it not be plausible for Hasselbaink to make a similar change? Cook, Warbuton and Rowett granted would be more difficult given how recently they've taken new roles and don't look as though they need a change of scenery anytime soon but you'd still have to believe that a club like Wolves would at least be able to give them something to think about.

130,000 people doesn't mean 130,000 fans who care. I'd wager a fair few are inactive, more will be following them out of a connection to the game rather than any sort of support. I follow Tranmere, as they are my home town team. I want them to do well, but don't really care who manages them

So yes, a few loud mouths on twitter is a significant minority

Seems a bit harsh to write off over 50% of people on that medium as 'not caring', even going with your later figure of a 40,000 strong fanbase, there are still a greater number on Twitter alone even if you wrote off as many as 50% as casual followers or people who have followed for erroneous motives, it's a not a medium I'd be entrusting to make any decision but you can't just dismiss it from your thoughts completely, it can be a very useful sounding board if nothing else.

Who has dismissed it? All I have alluded to is that a few loudmouths on twitter shouldn't be listened to.

If 50,000 wolves fans said the same thing then fair enough.

But that won't happen at all, and I think you know exactly what I meant.

Who has dismissed it? All I have alluded to is that a few loudmouths on twitter shouldn't be listened to.

If 50,000 wolves fans said the same thing then fair enough.

But that won't happen at all, and I think you know exactly what I meant.

This sort of comment comes across very dismissive, there's more to Twitter than a few shouty blokes, it's you who keeps alluding the vocal minority on there without seeming to have any appreciation for the huge numbers of genuine, reasoned fans who must also be on that medium.

If there are 130,000 people following the Wolves account then I think it'd be pretty surprising to find there aren't as many reasonable, passionate Wolves supporters amongst that following as there are turning up regularly at Molineux to support the side in person, they should have a voice too, they can't simply be ignored because there are a small group of less reasoned people on the same medium who get up in arms and shout nonsense over the tiniest of issues.

I've used Twitter for years thanks so I'm more than aware of how it works.

The reactionary few shouldn't be listened to, eg Danks.

I've got no issue with those who use Twitter whatsoever but I'd be wary of a vocal minority being said to represent how the fan are feeling

So I repeat, a few loudmouths on Twitter shouldn't be listened to, and I say that as someone who has used it for years

I'm not dismissing the majority, merely saying those who shout loudest shouldn't be the only ones heard

So you think Blues, Burton, Rangers and Portsmouth are in a better place than Wolves, be that financially, geographically or league position? Do you think any of those clubs are in the same position as Wolves as a whole and do you think that any of those clubs could offer the manager the ability to further their own career with as short a time frame? Now if you were to say Derby, Middlesborough, Hull or even Sheff Wednesday I would agree with you but nobody has suggested poaching the manager of these clubs.

I notice you didn't include the Gilligham or Walsall managers in your piece, why is that?

And as for your last sentence, nobody on here is rushing to get rid of Kenny Jackett, most would like to see him turn it around but given the first third of the season has gone and it has been largely abysmal stuff that is hardly a rush.

I've used Twitter for years thanks so I'm more than aware of how it works.

The reactionary few shouldn't be listened to, eg Danks.

I've got no issue with those who use Twitter whatsoever but I'd be wary of a vocal minority being said to represent how the fan are feeling

So I repeat, a few loudmouths on Twitter shouldn't be listened to, and I say that as someone who has used it for years

I'm not dismissing the majority, merely saying those who shout loudest shouldn't be the only ones heard

Do people take Danks seriously though? He would be one vote in 130,000 (or whatever percentage you choose) even if he wants more attention he would still be less than significant. It would be interesting to use it if there was a vacancy and I can see the merit in it if there were.

I work for a large company close to the centre of Wolverhampton, there's a lot of Wolves fans and quite a few that go to Molineux on a regular basis.
While all are pissed off with the way things are going at the moment none that I have spoken to have expressed a wish for the Manager to be sacked at this time.

So you think Blues, Burton, Rangers and Portsmouth are in a better place than Wolves, be that financially, geographically or league position? Do you think any of those clubs are in the same position as Wolves as a whole and do you think that any of those clubs could offer the manager the ability to further their own career with as short a time frame? Now if you were to say Derby, Middlesborough, Hull or even Sheff Wednesday I would agree with you but nobody has suggested poaching the manager of these clubs.

I notice you didn't include the Gilligham or Walsall managers in your piece, why is that?

And as for your last sentence, nobody on here is rushing to get rid of Kenny Jackett, most would like to see him turn it around but given the first third of the season has gone and it has been largely abysmal stuff that is hardly a rush.

Do people take Danks seriously though? He would be one vote in 130,000 (or whatever percentage you choose) even if he wants more attention he would still be less than significant. It would be interesting to use it if there was a vacancy and I can see the merit in it if there were.

Christ knows Johnny I hope not!!

Christ knows Johnny I hope not!!

I think he's an idiot but I'm only one of the people that reads his garbage (how he watches the game and tweets all the time I don't know) but then that is exactly what he wants, people to look at him, and I guess I'm gullible enough to do that. But I would've thought nobody takes him seriously.

I think we are a very attractive proposition for two types of manager - those that need an opportunity to repair their reputation and those who are looking to make a reputation. Most of the names on here would probably wonder what they could achieve at Wolves given the chance but what they could achieve is going to based on what sort of investment might be available which in turn is likely to be determined by the new owners whenever that might be. Wolves are a big club, that isn't a hark back to days gone by that is just how it is. A 30000 plus stadium, state of the art training facilities, a significant fan base, solid finances....we are punching below our weight at the moment. The opportunities for a manager are there if they can turn potential into reality.

Back